Looking for a bright flashlight around $200

Z

z_weidmark

Hey guys, hopefully im posting in the right area... there are lots of subthread and its pretty confusing. I am looking for a flashlight that can WOW the people I show it to. I was considering buying the Wicked Laser Torch (cool that it can light paper on fire) but I figured id ask here first before i went out to buy anything.

I also just saw the TActical HID 35w http://tacticalhid.info/hid-store can anyone tell me how much this light is?

I1) How would you prefer to purchase the light?

____I will be mail-ordering or buying online, so this doesn't matter.

2) Budget: An easy question, but you may change your mind after answering the rest! :)

right around $200

3) Format:

____I want a flashlight.

4) Flashlight-specific format/size:

____I don't care.

5) Emitter/Light source:

____HID (known for max output, but often at the expense of size)

____I don't know.

6) Manufacturer:

____I want to buy a light from a traditional mass producing manufacturer that is ready to go out of the box.

7) What battery type do you want to use?

I would like to use 18650's if possible

8) How much genuine out the front (OTF) light do you want/need? Sometimes you can have too much light (trying to read up close up with a 100 lumen light is impossible).

____I want ridiculous amounts of lumens (800+ lumens).

9) Throw vs. Flood: At what distance will you be most likely to use this light? Select all that apply.

____150+ yards (I want maximum throw possible)

10) Runtime: Not over-inflated manufacturer runtime claims, but usable brightness measured from first activation to 50% with new batteries (Measured on maximum output).

Doesn't matter too much to me

11) Durability/Usage: Generally the old phrase "you get what you pay for" is very accurate for flashlights.

____I don't know.

12) Switch Type and location (choose all that apply):

____I don't care.

13) User Interface (UI) and mode selection. Select all that apply.

____I don't care.

14)Material/Finish/Coating

____Anodized Aluminum – either type II or III (Hard Anodized) (Aluminum, specifically HA, is the most common material/finish for today's flashlights).

15) Special Needs/extras: Is there anything else you want or need that hasn't been mentioned? Select any below.

Nope

Thanks,

Andrew