Tec40

Stingray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Botach has Tec40's for 10 bucks on sale...since I don't have one and they are so highly rated here, I was going to get one. It says narrow focused beam, does that mean it has the smooth reflector, not the stippled one? Which is better, stippled I presume? yes?

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
Unless you have this thing for pencil beams, the orange peel reflector is the latest one from PT and owning one myself, you'll be very pleased with the light. It offers near E2 performance which I can see you don't have yet!!! It's a great light.

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sure the narrow beam would be the smooth refelector. I've never heard anyone say the liked it better than the stippled one. TX

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Mine has the orange peel reflector. It throws a very smooth and round beam with VERY few artifacts... and tosses pretty darn far too!

It was enough with a KPR103 and Alkys to impress my buddy who owns an SL35X (Honkin' big Streamlight!).

Everything I own that makes a beam anywhere near it also have faceted reflectors, or Belkin Brand film - like Writeright (but those beams aren't as smooth).

Shadows

Newly Enlightened
the packaging on mine says focused narow beam, it has the textured ( orange peel ) reflector.

Stingray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Benedict:
the packaging on mine says focused narow beam, it has the textured ( orange peel ) reflector.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">That's what I was hoping...thanks..I'm gonna order a couple

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
botach's shipping will take the value right out of it.
frown.gif

order from texas tactical supply. probably the same price and far better service.

kodiak

Enlightened
I love my Tec-40. I load it with lithiums. It is my faverite incadecint(sp) light. (now that I am puting a KL1 on my E1E.)

Stingray

Flashlight Enthusiast
I checked Texas Tactical as suggested and for all the stuff I bought it would have cost alot more even factoring in the shipping. I know some people have reported problems with Botach but the prices were irresistable so I thought I'd try them for the first time and see what happens. I'll report back. I ordered:
2 Tek 40's @9.99
1 SC1 @11
1 KL3 @43
1 Scorpion with clip and 20 Sanyo 123's @54.95
1 F70 @13
shipping was 11.50 for everything
came out alot less than everywhere else I looked, and I looked alot
icon3.gif

Shadows

Newly Enlightened
i was looking around for a kpr103 for my tec 40, could'nt find one, but got a kozumi halogen rated at 3.6v 1A, its slightly brighter then the hmp20, and has a bigger hot spot, it has the same shape as the hmp20. however, it seems to heat up alot quiker the the sock bulb, has anyone had any problems with heat on the tec40, i heard that the reflector would flake up near the bulb. Also does the kpr103 heat up real quick too? or would i be better off with a maglite white star 3d bulb.
Thnx