Job Opportunity, UK

ecotack

Newly Enlightened
Looking for a trainee to reduce my work load. Ideally a young electronics geek.

Location: Small quiet village in the UK, 200 meters from a train station on the main Lancaster to Barrow-in-Furness train line.

Company: Small company owned by two brothers who are semi retired. Five current employees all from the North West area, so a good working environment, relaxed you might say. I've worked for the company for 21 years since leaving collage, so its not a bad job. Products are monitoring devices for oil and chemical companies world wide.

Requirements: Keen interest in electronics. Ability to pick up technical subjects quickly. Experience with op-amps and micro-controllers (PICs) useful. Willing to do mundane jobs, such as packing products, fetching, ordering, etc. Interest in sciences, such as physics and chemistry will also help in the job. No formal qualifications required!

Job description: During busy periods it will be time consuming jobs such as unpacking returned products and testing them, packing new products, calibrating products, general dogs body, etc. However we need someone who will grow into the job, eventually repairing/fault finding electronic circuits, designing new products, training customers. As part of a small company you must be willing to do any job required (we all do). If you like travel then customers are always asking for on-site training in places world wide, which we can charge silly amounts for and will be mostly paid to the staff member who does the training (good little earner).

Please PM me and I'll send you an email address for your CV.