Advice Needed AA Light

Z

z_CulvertCkr

Hello,

First post actually because I need some advice regarding a light for a particular application and I was not able to locate an answer within the forums. I need an AA powered light for tracking operations in varied terrain, mostly brushland/desert terrain. The light in question will need to give maximum definition to minute features in the terrain (i.e. partial geometric patterns, bent over grass, and color differentiations). The range will only need to be at the feet or at most 3-4 feet. Run time needs to be as long as possible at approx. 50 lumens or a bit greater, but not less. For comparison, an LD20 at medium setting (advertised 50 lumens or so for 13 hours) is currently used and this is sufficient light for the task. The problem relating to the LD20 is that it seems to drown out some important colors as well as not creating as much shadow and contrast as a truck mounted halogen? (yellow) light used for this same purpose when mobile. Preferably the light in question would be as small as possible, but this should not be a limitation in terms of suggestions. Any advice would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance.