Anyone else noticed this with the Infinity Ultra?

Spango

Newly Enlightened
I bought 2 CMG Infinity Ultras around 2 months ago. I have been carrying one around as an EDC while keeping the other one aside as a standby. Initially, I didn't notice any difference between the colors of the two, but after 2 months, I noticed that the color of my EDC is noticeably lighter than the one which I chucked aside. The color is still very even, and none of the lights received any abuse at all. It looks like the color just sort of faded away. Unlikely to be caused by the sun as I always EDC the light in my pocket. I didn't notice the difference until I put them side by side again. Kinda funny isn't it? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got the government model which I keep on my nightstand.
I swore it was black when it arrived -- a few months later it looked dark green -- a recent look and it was black again.
I think we might be having synchronized delusions.

gyverpete

Enlightened
Spango,
Maybe the color is wearing away very slowly against the fabric inside your pocket. The ultra has the same less durable anodizing that mag uses, I think.

GJW,
The Ultra-G is supposedly type III HA, and it is a VERY dark green. I think you may have intermittent color-blindness. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Spango

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
gyverpete said:
Spango,
Maybe the color is wearing away very slowly against the fabric inside your pocket. The ultra has the same less durable anodizing that mag uses, I think.

GJW,
The Ultra-G is supposedly type III HA, and it is a VERY dark green. I think you may have intermittent color-blindness. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

In that case, I guess the wearing is really done very evenly... there are no patches of dark and light green at all.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Looks more like I soaked the light into a pail of bleach, and then take it out after a day or so.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
I have no experience with the G model but my Ultra was very dark green, depending on light almost black. Then I did a warranty switch and the new one is almost the "Jade" color of a Mag. My only thoughts are maybe you looked at them in different light. Flourescent makes a big difference when compared with incan for some color differences.

Spango

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Wits' End said:
I have no experience with the G model but my Ultra was very dark green, depending on light almost black. Then I did a warranty switch and the new one is almost the "Jade" color of a Mag. My only thoughts are maybe you looked at them in different light. Flourescent makes a big difference when compared with incan for some color differences.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's impossible.... I had them side by side! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif