Mag reflector replacement

Stingray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone make a replacement reflector for maglites that gives them a smooth decent beam. The wrightright seems to cut out too much light. Why do they use such crappy reflectors in an otherwise good light.

Stingray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry to rehash an old question....I'm new here and since I've found this site I've been reading it practically non-stop....never knew there were so many people with my addiction
smile.gif
I checked the archives, but couldn't find a source for a good reflector....

what about any lights with the same size but textured reflector that could be transplanted to a mag...or should I just give up on the mags permanently and move on to better things

Empath

Flashaholic
Maglite's reflectors are a unique shape, and I assume they are patented. I doubt that anyone would really care to make a direct replacement, (part 108-036) unless they paid a licensing fee to Maglite. Besides, Maglica swore in court that black holes and rings were a physical law and couldn't be corrected (Hearsay on my part. I wasn't present, and with Maglica one had best use plenty of disclaimers) He carves 'notches' on his website for every case he successfully wins in court.
Maglica's Notches.

Stingray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Geez, with all that you'd think they'd want to compete better in the beam quality department, IMHO.

Stingray

Flashlight Enthusiast
I apparently have an old pre-lawsuit 2AA Brinkmann light that looks almost exactly like a mini-mag. It seems brighter though IMHO.

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
It probably has the Brinkman Nexstar bulb. Even the MiniMag is much brighter with it. TX

Ratso

Enlightened
Originally posted by Empath:
Maglite's reflectors are a unique shape, and I assume they are patented. I doubt that anyone would really care to make a direct replacement, (part 108-036) unless they paid a licensing fee to Maglite. Besides, Maglica swore in court that black holes and rings were a physical law and couldn't be corrected (Hearsay on my part. I wasn't present, and with Maglica one had best use plenty of disclaimers) He carves 'notches' on his website for every case he successfully wins in court.
Maglica's Notches.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Wow, Maglica is a man living in the past. I wonder what he does now? Sit back and watch all those "uneducated" people drool over Mag-Lites at K-Mart... "Hey! I want one of those, COPS USE THEM!", and the money keeps pouring in. If only Bison had been smart enough to use textured reflectors, they could have shown Maglica that it is indeed possible, and Bison would've won that case. Why don't they take a look at the Scorpion too see a good example...

About the reflectors, I wounder if it could be possible to transplant the base onto another better reflector.