PILA LED's (UPDATE) PICS

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
PILA LED\'s (UPDATE) PICS

Since I am a large fan of the PILA Li-Ion powered lights, I received an e mail from them last night.
They are going to have an LED head for the GL2 & GL3
Each head will consist of 9 LED's and be able to use either the rechargeable batteries or DL 123's. Ouput will be 15 lumens with a run time of 7 hours on 2xDL123 or 12 hours on one 168S battery. The GL3 with have a run of 10 hours on 3x DL123 or 20 hours on the 150A battery. They will be available in white, red, amber or Infra red.
From the photo they sent me (PDF format)it appears the head is a simple replacement for the xenon bulb and does not require a new bezel assembly. I have not gotten prices yet but will advise when I do. This sounds like a great way to go switch back and forth between xenon and LED.

EDIT:::: they are shown on the Wolf-Eyes web site here
http://www.wolf-eyes.com/Wolf-Eyes/accessories.htm
Wolf Eyes claims 25 lumens with the same run time. I need these for my lights.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Re: PILA LED\'s (UPDATE) PICS

interesting ... 5mm LEDs and no LS ... hm ... the real close up tasks and flood lights ... why not, after all?
bernhard

Whistler

Enlightened

I'm also a fan of the Pila batteries.

But why not take the KL1,2,3 or L4??? Looks much better, works perfect, only the runtime will be shorter.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ah, but here is a way to go back and forth between xenon and LED with minimal cost . If the xenon lamp dies you can go to LED until you get a replacement . I'm sure it is a relativly inexpensive conversion and you can have multiple colors by changing out the LED assembly and not have to purchase multiple heads. I'm still awaiting prices

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

The Luxeon Star LED in the TL-2 LED is mounted on a stalk inside a thick spring, so you probably don't want to just shove the bezel in your pocket unless you want pocket lint and other garbage on the LED, and maybe a misshapen spring too. If you have somewhere safe to put it (a 35mm film can might work), then put it there. Otherwise, leave it on the flashlight until you *do* have somewhere safe to put it.

tl-2-9.jpg

Here's a picture of the TL-2 LED bezel.