Introducing ... "D11X"

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been out of the lighting scene a while, well at least haven't release anything new for over a year. It's not that this flashaholic brain isn't churning away, it's the lack of time and more importantly lack of need. Well as they say Necessity is the mother of invention, and my lastest design is exactly that. It was out of the need of a new light that have driven to this INSANITY!

A few of you may have know that I switch to a new job. With this one I constantly have to craw around in tight places to work on delicate and dangerous instruments. My Draco served the job well but that light was originally designed for key-chain duty not EDC purpose. I went out and bought a few lights (4x), although they are bright but they too didn't suite the purpose, either the functionality was awkward or the light simply didn't look cool enough.

So I finally sat down and start design my own light and selecting the best of what the mass market have to offer. The goal was to make an EDC that I would sport around at work and be happy to own. This is what I came up with.

d11xi.jpg

=== Design Features ===

1. McGizmo inovative piston drive switch mechanism

2. Support for Nitecore D10 and D11 light engine

3. Tail stand (candle mode)

4. Lanyard attachment point

5. McGizmo's clip mounting option

10. LOTS of eye candy and Titanium machining FUN!

I would will start making this baby during the Thanksgiving weekend (end of November).

I would like to get your input of what you think of the design and any recommendations you may have whether positive or negative so I can integrate it in by then.

Thank you for reading.

euroken

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Introducing ... "D11X"

How about eliminating the parasitic drain? Is this possible? Extra 2-AA tube? Reversible clip or S-clip option?

Just few of my thoughts...I'd definitely be interested...but let see what this would run $$$ :D

photorob

Enlightened

that looks awesome man... I was looking to send you a message to talk about coatings on titanium but I couldn't find a way to message you...

TEEJ

Flashaholic

OP has not posted here since October of 2011...so, maybe not that active anymore?

:shakehead