Z57, ( Clickie For L4), "Momentary" Mode Question?

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast
Z57, ( Clickie For L4), \"Momentary\" Mode Question?

This has been brought up before but I thought I would do it again in case there's more updated information. I have a Z57 E-series clickie on my DSpeck UBH II and of course one on my L4. Is there any way to adjust it to where the "momentary on" mode is not so sensitive? On both my UBH and L4, it takes just the slightest pressure to activate. I know these are also LOTC's but it would be nice to have it to where it's not so sensitive. I also have the same problem on a Kroll that I installed in a G2.

One more thing, the Z57 I purchased from Tactical Warehouse is very "mushy" feeling and still takes an extremely hard push to activate to constant on. Any tips here? Thanks.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Re: Z57, ( Clickie For L4),

I'm not aware of any adjustments. These switches are pretty inconsistant between units. I have several that I consider nice and smooth, without being over sensative. I have that many more which are very sensitive and much harder to activate.

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Z57, ( Clickie For L4), \"Momentary\" Mode Question?

[ QUOTE ]
Gene said: Is there any way to adjust it to where the "momentary on" mode is not so sensitive? .

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but not easily so. You need to disassemble the switch to "tweak" it. To increase the "momentary" pressure you can either re-tension (stretch)the lower spring, and/or spread out the contacts that the chrome "plunger" comes in contact with. Be aware that the locking ring has Loctite on it and can be a real PITA to remove. You can easily gouge up the tailcap in trying to take it apart.

However, if you can sucessfully disassemble it, you can see how the switch operates (quite impessive actually, just wish they were more consistant) and effect the changes you desire. Adding a thin film of 7792C Nye lube to the black plastic parts seems to go a long way toward curing most issues. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Edit: More information here.

Peter