SRTH XP-G

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Woohoo, just finished my SRTH XP-G mod!

Actually, it took much longer because I am waiting on drivers. And knowing the way certain dealers take FOREVER to ship, I think I'll be waiting a long time more if I hadn't come across the good idea to mod my Solarforce Pro-1.

The Solarforce uses an AX2002 buck reg, which is what I was planning on using for my SRTH build. In turn it will receive a 2.8A AMC7135 linear reg, so that freed up the AX2002 to go to my SRTH.

Many thanks to tx101 for not buying my Kiu turbohead kit :nana: (because if you'd bought it I would never have tried to build it instead) and Justin Case :nana: for telling me not to turn the SRTH into an IMR-based incan cannon and melt the Lexan and his research in finding that the 2mm Cutter MCPCB was perfect for this application. It is. There is a donut hole at less than 2 feet, but seriously, who uses a SRTH for that? There are much better reflectors for engagements at less than 2ft ;)

p865787349-3.jpg

p770199788-3.jpg

Start with the Cutter 10mm MCPCB, and (no pun intended) cut it to size. You will need to take 1mm off all 4 sides and then round off the corners.

As for the wiring, It's not TOO hard to build if you are used to soldering in cramped spaces and can control your iron. The tough part is centering the emitter and soldering the wiring to it. The rest is all a piece of cake relatively - wire it up to the driver and away you go.

Latest posts