• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Milky's X800 2x26650 A123

donn_

Flashaholic
Heres a light Ive told myself not to sell at least a dozen times, but Ive got my eye on that ever-present something else.

The X800 build is hosted in a custom Leef Maglite. It started as a 3C, and was cut down and bored for 2x 26650 A123Systems LiFePO4 cells. The head was machined to a conical shape, and the entire host plated in HAIII-Black.

The build itself consists of 4x SSC P4 USWOH emitters in IMS20 smooth reflectors. It is single stage, very bright (800 lumens regulated), and out-throws any 4xP4 light I've owned. Cells are inserted with the negative terminal toward the head of the light, and the light has built-in reverse polarity protection as well as 2 discreet circuits for the emitters.

The A123Systems 26650 cell is the state-of-the-art LiFePO4 cell, currently being used by everyone from RC fanatics to electric car designers because of its incredible current handling and short charge times. You seldom find a light this powerful which runs longer than it takes to charge. Recommended standard charge rate is 3A, so the 2300mAH cell charges in around 45 minutes. Fast charging can go up to 10A, giving you a charge time of under 14 minutes.

A123Systems cells available here.

A123Systems datasheet(PDF).

6A charger available here. Charge 1 cell in 23 minutes.

Here is Milky's write-up on the design...well worth the read.

IMGP3517.jpg

IMGP3518.jpg

$399 + PPI (Priority Mail, Paypal fee and Insurance).

Trade offers always welcome and considered.

First :takeit: posted in this thread beats any other communication.

My PM is shut off. My email and Paypal address is:

email.jpg

Click Here for My Other Sales Threads!