The story of my SureFire LX2

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
DSC00001.jpg

I would say it's the best duty light I could image. It pairs nicely with the TLR-1s on my Glock. It's seen almost every call or traffic stop I've made here and I've yet to wish I had more.. or less for that matter.

However.. all good things must come to an end.

It was a boring night. Until we had to go to some of Americas prized section 8 housing on a simple disturbing the peace complaint. Me and two others walked up the stairs to the balcony and knocked on the door thinking it was going to be a simple shut up and move on. Long story short we ended up in a little shoving match and my LX2 ended up falling off the balcony into a pit and landed on it's bezel.

DSC00003-1.jpg

Sadly the lens didn't walk away from the fall.

DSC00005.jpg

However.. at least it still works :twothumbs

DSC00006-1.jpg

I wasn't going to bother SureFire with it, so I unscrewed the bezel part on my E1B that holds the TIR optic and swapped them out.

I'm not sure if I damaged the LED or if the E1B TIR optic just wasn't made for the LX2 but it was obviously dimmer.

So for that reason I just went ahead and told SureFire what happened. I don't know if the rep was hitting the refresh button at work or if a computer generated a response but I had a return address and RMA number within 3 minutes and within a couple of emails.

So within a few weeks all will be the same again, for the time being my M3 is getting to have some fun.