New A2

draftaman

Newly Enlightened
Well I broke down yesterday and treated myself to a new toy—ahem tool. And this tool is a brand spanking new A2 with white leds.
Great light, really like the multi stage switch, I also like the clip on this one better than my e2e because it's longer and isn't so stiff. I took it outside with my e2e and preformed a little test and the A2 was clearly brighter and threw further than the e2e keeping in mind that the e2's batteries had about 5 min use on them before testing.
I do have a question though, Has anybody preformed a runtime test on the a2 to see how long the leds will burn after the incan has been used up?
Thanks
Andrew
edited for early morning grammar

pahl

Enlightened
I would also be interested in a runtime test on the a2 to see how long the leds will burn after the incan has been used up.

draftaman,
Do the batteries for the A2 get put in from the tail cap end or do you have to remove the bezel to feed it batteries?

draftaman

Newly Enlightened
They're put in from the tail cap end.
The bezel end is blocked buy the current regulator goodies.

pahl

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
draftaman said:
They're put in from the tail cap end.
The bezel end is blocked buy the current regulator goodies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats nice to know, thanks.
I like lights that you don't have to remove the bezel everytime you have to change the batteries (6P /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif )

Looks like the LED's have some good runtime on them too.
Looks like a great light.

charliek

Enlightened
OK I have a question for you A2 owners-

I know it's possible to lock the light in the "on" position in Incandescent mode- but how about locking it ON in LED mode?

jdriller

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, you can lock it with only the led's, but both are lit when you lock on the incand.

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Charlie,
To lock the light on, start from the momentary position. Twist clockwise until the LEDs come on, keep twisting for the incand.

I also have an A2. I bought it because I got it cheap. I figured that it was a deal that I couldn't pass up. When I first got it, I wasn't crazy about it. All that twisting for constant on. Well, after I had it for awhile, it really grew on me. I have five Surefires among numerous other lights and the A2 is the most useful single light of all that I have. You could consider it a Jack of all trades.