• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: BFL 4.5 inch AR coated Aspherical Lens system

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have three BFL system, so I am selling one. The one in the middle if for sale.

It has all three lens, just not the Bikini Bottom as seen i my LED Torpedo.

nin1580c.jpg

The BFL, Big F^%%ing Lens is 4.5 diameter.

It has three lens inside, the biggest one is 4.5 diameter 2 Thick, its a DCX Aspherica lens with Zero Optical abresion when used with SST-50, no blue rings etc. just amazing beam so clean.

That is the lens I used in building the LED Torpedo:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...d.php?t=298347

Which amazingly, can hang in there with legendary throw King Maxa Beam Normal mode, which iis Xenon Short Arc @ 50W.

The BFL system has no Model # except a Tag says BL, Borsh Lamb?

The Primary Aspherica lens is two piece optically fused together, very high quality AR coated.

There are mounting rings for all three lens, the lens are removable.

Selling for only $49 for the whole middle system, with 3 lens.

I am sure someone else could make a monster thrower out of it too.

The smaller 3 lens works well works well with the main lens as Pre-collimator, adding the Pre-collimator increases the spot size by about 50% but reduce lux by 10% or so.

I am not sure about whats the use the third lens, which is also 4.5 diameter, but its got concave on one end aspherica looking on the other.

USA only. Shipping/PP fee etc. add additional $15

It weight of the BFL system is about 6 lbs.

The main lens alone weight about 3lbs or so. It's crazy.

I am selling one because I don't want feel obligated to make three BFL throwers, I might make one more at some point but want to get rid of one for now to reduce temptation :whistle:

There is no Aspherical lens in this size at reasonable cost, Thor labs has one thats 4 diameter that cost about $1000.

http://www.thorlabs.com/thorProduct....ber=AL100100-A :eek:

The Back Focal Length is still pretty long, about 4 inches or so, using the pre-collimator

will shorten that distance quite a bit.