Looking to buy my first powerful LED

Angdvl089

Newly Enlightened
I hope this is the right forum to start! I have a mini mag that I switched over to an LED (no idea what kind though) as well as a cheap 1xAA energizer and a 3xAAA from dealextreme. The dealextreme one looks awesome but I hate the battery holder and the batteries must not be completely ground because after a day or two the light is dim. I love the size of the 1xAA and I love the switch. It's just an on/off but you don't need to completely engage the button for the light to work. I also have a rear switch for the mini mag that allows three modes and two strobes.

But now I want something brighter and better. I REALLY like the fenix ld40. First because of the fact that it uses 4xAA which can be found anywhere. The battery tray and the fact that it uses 4xAA doesn't bother me. The price does bother me, however. I'd really like to own a light that can hit over 200 lumens and I want something that is going to throw well.

So basically what I'd like to know is are there any good lights that will hit over 200 lumens, throw well, and still not rape my wallet?