TigerLight charger problem solved

agent8698

Newly Enlightened
In my original review of the TigerLight on 11-19-02, I said that there was a problem with the charging cradle, and that the electrical contact was unreliable despite spring-loaded plastic clamps holding the light in charging position under heavy pressure.

Well now that some more reviews have appeared on CPF, and nobody else has this problem, I took another close look at the way the charging cradle interfaces with the light, and I found something that I overlooked before: one of the plastic clamps is out of spec, as I can tell by comparing it to the other one. The clamp itself is fine, but the exact location of its hinged connection with the cradle is off by one millimeter, toward the center of the cradle. This causes one of the curves of the clamp to protrude inward by one millimeter, preventing the light from seating all the way, which is what caused the original problem.

I felt confident that I could remove the protruding portion of the clamp using a dremel tool, which I did. I removed about one millimeter of plastic along the length of the protruding area. Luckily, this did not seem to weaken the clamp in any noticeable way, so now the light goes down all the way into the cradle, and the electrical contact is good and reliable.

As far as the 18 pounds of pressure required to insert the light into the cradle (I just measured it again), I'm used to it now, so it's not a problem, but at first, I thought it was way too much, because after all that pressure there was nothing to show for it = the contact was still totally unreliable. Now that the problem with the contact is solved, everything is solved. I have nothing left to complain about!
smile.gif

I would once again highly recommend this light. Today is the last day of the TigerLight sale at Dan's Tactical Warehouse. Max

Viper

Newly Enlightened
I glad that worked out for you.

I haven't mounted my cradle to the wall yet, but I suspect it will make the light insertion much earier, than the method I am using now, which is holding it with my hand.

I wonder if tigerlight will ever have freestanding desktop charging cradle, which what I could really use. Along with an extension cord.

I have developed a habit of doing more errands at night, so I have an excuse to take my tigerlight outside and use it more.
smile.gif

TigerLight Pro

Newly Enlightened
Agent 8698- That charger cradle is under warranty and we will replace it. Your call, contact your dealer and we will replace the dealer's inventory. Be advised shipping is usually on your tab.

Thanks

hairydogs

Newly Enlightened
TL Pro

Any chance we will have a fast charger upgrade later - 10 hours is way too long.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
i too second the fast charger...it is really the only thing holding me back. (well, and that whole money thing too
grin.gif
)

hairydogs

Newly Enlightened
TL Pro

So u got a timeframe for the release? 10 hr. is way too long to top up the battery,

Latest posts