Attention SF Gurus.....

Size15's

Flashaholic
The beam can be oval or 'not round' and still be flawless. By this SureFire means without rings or dark spots or holes in the beam.

The High Output Lamp Assemblies tend to have rounder beam the the standard Lamps because the filaments are shorter and fatter and less likely to be curved. The E Series bulbs are exceptions - the MN01 and MN03 are very round beams from my experience and from all that I've read.

Al

MicroE

Enlightened
This may have been addressed before, but I can't seem to find it in a search.....

I just bought several SF lights and I noticed that two of the P60 lamps have a beam shaped like an oval (banana). The rest are circular, just what I expected after buying other SF lights.

The SF advertising always talks about their "flawless" beam. Is oval normal? Oval seems quite unacceptable to me considering that each lamp costs around $20 US.---Marc

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Give SF a call, if you don't like the banana. I've bought 3 P60's over the last year, and 2 out of the 3 had a banana-beam. It's actualy pretty common with the P90/P91 lamps...

--dan

MicroE

Enlightened
Thanks, gentlemen. I'll give SF a call tomorrow. I figure that through solid customer feedback (read: complaints) they will be able to improve their products even further. I must say that I am quite pleased with SF producr quality overall and plan to continue spending my money on PK's toys.---Marc

pk

Photon King
Marc,

I'll make more toys to lure you guys! ;-)
Yes, I do take all feedbacks (I do read complaints) seriously and take it to my design goal.
We'll try harder to keep our customers happy.

Hope you all had great Thanksgiving?
Now, I go back to work on more enticing toys...

Regards,
pk

SUREFARC

Enlightened
"Yes, I do take all feedbacks (I do read complaints) seriously and take it to my design goal.
We'll try harder to keep our customers happy."

PK rocks!!

Deviant

Enlightened
pk,

it's always good to hear from you.

BTW here's a my 2 cent abt the aluminium threads on SFs
grin.gif

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=003054#000000

JackBlades

Enlightened
All my M3 bulbs exibit "oval beam" to some degree. I install the bulbs so the oval is aligned with the flats on the battery tube. This way I can hold the light a certain way and know which way the beam will orient. (Horizontal or vertical)
I've gotten used to this and like it.

Latest posts