Oh no, not again!

arclite

Newly Enlightened
In the last two weeks I've had to undertake some serious soul-searching - - - and have come to the conclusion that I'm a fledgling addict. It started simply, I asked fellow members of the Smith and Wesson Forum for advice on a "carry light", the newly purchased M3 being a bit large. Was advised to "check out" the CPF. The result from reading all I could, (right now in the mail - on the way) are:

Inova x5; Surge; Ultrastinger; 4AA; Lightwave 4000; ARC LE; Opalec, Inretech 3d Super6. Next will be either a e1e and Kl1 or Arc SL - maybe both.

Actually, it all started years ago when my office moved to the 105th floor of the World Trade Center (after the bombing). I vowed I'd never be up there w/o a serious flashlight - kept a 4D Mag and extra bat's in a pouch in my dest for the long walk down. (I traveled on busines on 9/10/01 - but thats another story).

Anyway - this is one great Forum and I think this (wonderful) addiction is about to get - ahhh - a bit worse.

Regards,

Arclite

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast
Like you I have always been into flashlights but I never let the addiction control me until now. Until last year I had a total of 4 Mags purchased when they were still hot and before I knew better
grin.gif
- still have them (waiting on LS 1W sandwiches from Wayne).

I had been holding off on buying flashlights because I was waiting for LED technology to mature. LEDs may not be quite there yet but there is little reason to hold back any longer. So this year I started with an X5 and been going up/downhill since then.

I shudder to think what my credit cards will look like when OLED displays start making their way into the market.

I currently have various Arc AAA editions, Arc SLS, Inova X5, Inova X5T (in various colors and finishes), a couple of coast cutlery tek torches, a bunch of surefires on the way, and various mods and components (alas none of them of my own making). This is terrible it is cutting into my DVD budget which is already cutting into my food budget
grin.gif
Edit: Oh I forgot my SoS Turbo Flare
grin.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF!
smile.gif

Home of the Flashaholic!
wink.gif

Enjoy your time here. "Need more light!"

monanza,

Mmmmm DVDs...

I have a list as long as my arm of DVDs I want to buy. My list of flashlights I want to buy is shorter (but more expensive) Budgeting is so difficult. DVDs are easier for me to impulse-buy and instant satisfaction is often worth it. Being a British Flashaholic means I have to wait for my highs.

Al

Gone Jeepin

Enlightened
arclite and monanza, welcome to the madness...
icon14.gif
I am sure you will find as I have that this a great place to indulge your hobby and learn along the way. This is also the best support group for a habit that is not widely understood.
grin.gif

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Support Group???? Not in the conventional sense. Conventional is for those trying to kick a habit (reform). CPF sure aint that!

Welcome, Arclite.

At least we can make informed choices and get better lights than are normally available at retail (not to mention more expensive).

That LW4000 you ordered is a very rugged light (bright too).

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast
DVD... Gooood. Flashlight... Gooood. More... More... Bright little white light... Nice shiny little discs...

Size15s, I too have a rather long list of DVDs to buy. Unfortunately only the truly rich (and truly idle) can keep up with the volume of new and catalog titles coming out. In fact keeping a list of desired and owned titles (and avoiding duplicates) has become a full time occupation. I hardly ever buy impulsively because I always prepare the week's list of new releases before I get to the store
grin.gif

Great forum great membership.