C800s, C9000, and Powerex 2700 AAs - Newbie Questions - Help requested

Z

z_newtoallthis

Hello All - Having a learning disability and being quite ignorant of many technical aspects to the c9000 and battery charging in general, I hope these questions below will be taken as sincere, honest, and not as a lazy person who wants others to do research for them. I have spent a few hours online looking at forums, but I'm left more confused then ever. Hopefully your answers will address my confusion.

Background -

I have 20 powerex 2700 AAs and a c800s for well over two years. When I first purchased them, I grouped the AAs into sets of 4 by labeling the outside. They've always been used together in their labeled sets and have never intermixed. Their primary use is to charge camera flashes (nikon sb-600, 800, and 900s). I've always tried to use the soft mode on the c800s, and condition them every 5-15 uses. Their use fluctuates from 3x per week to not being used for more then an a month. I have recently picked up 8 more powerex 2700 AAs along with a c9000. The primary use of the c9000 is to check all 28 AAs and match them to new sets, along with prolonging the life of the original 20.

Questions -

1. Maha recommends charging and discharging my AAs in the c9000 at 1300 and 700 respectively. Is this a overly aggressive recommendation? Are there more up-to-date recommended rates for my powerex 2700 AAs?

2. People are saying new batteries, such as my 8 new AAs, should be put through the break-in mode a few times before using them. Assuming I don't have the time to break-in new AAs, would the condition mode on the 800s be sufficient for the new batteries until I had the time to go back in break-in the new sets?

3. The c800s soft charge current is 500mA. Isn't that below .3C and therefore not recommended?

4. Is the condition mode on the c800s the same as the refresh analyze mode on the c9000, just at a specific charge and discharge rate?

5. When I used the c9000s refresh analyze mode for the first time, I used the 1300 and 700 rates as recommended. But the c800s has a regular charge rate of 1000. Does this mean the c800s regular charge mode of 1000 will result in a greater capacity of the AAs since it charged at a slower rate then the refresh analyzes recommended 1300?

6. What is the real world use/need for the c9000's cycle and discharge modes?

7. If I use the c9000's regular charge mode with a charge rate of 500 for my 2700s, won't that be exactly the same as charging the AAs in soft mode on the c800s?

8. I saw online that the c800s' soft discharge number is 125Ma. Isn't that a really low .xC number for the 2700s?

9. I think in my questions I'm confusing mA with Mah. Could someone explain the difference as it pertains to my questions?

10. After getting back from shooting photography, in what mode would you recommend I regularly recharge my batteries? First choice? Second choice? Third Choice? I'm sure I'll find out for myself down the road, I just need to know where to start. I could bring them all back and use the c800s' soft mode, but I don't know if that would be the first recommended choice. And if the first choice is on the c9000, what rate should I be using?

11. For my type of use of the AAs, how often should I use the break-in and refresh analyze modes?

12. I just go through with my first run using the c9000. My first set of AAs came back with a capacity ranging from 2384 to 2421. Is this average for 2.5 years of battery use? And how much should I expect the capacity to increase if I put this set though the break-in mode a few times?

13. Assuming I only use my powerex 2700 AAs, what is the lowest/highest charge/discharge rates you would recommend?

14. What exactly is the rates and cycles for the c800s' condition mode?

15. In a perfect world, would you refresh analyze your batteries after each use? Wouldnt this over exercise them?

I hope these questions paint an accurate picture of where Im at… lost in the dark. Im just very unsure of when to use each mode and why. Should I stick with the c800s soft mode for regular use? Should I refresh analyze as much as I can if time allows? Is the condition mode on par with the refresh analyze mode?

Any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much!