"New" Olight SR-50 can now take RCR123's

HIDblue

Enlightened
I previously looked at the Olight SR-50 and liked it based upon the output, tail standing capability, stubby configuration and side switch, but I dismissed it after finding out that it could only operate on 6 primary CR123A batteries.

Someone else in another thread said that the SR-50 could now use rechargeables, so I checked Olight's website and it looks like he was right. Olight is now listing a New SR-50 that is compatible with BOTH primary CR123A and rechargeable RCR123 (with reduced run times) batteries.

This is great news, but the only problem is that the New SR-50 looks exactly like the old SR-50, and it appears all the stats are the same except for the new battery compatibility with rechargeables.

So, does anyone actually have one of these New SR-50s? And if so, hows the performance compare between the primary and rechargeables and how reduced is the actual run time?

Also, anyone know where I can get one of these New SR-50s? All the CPF dealers I checked are still offering the old SR-50 that is not compatible with RCR123s.