Christmas Gifts VIII

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
:santa: This is year eight for the Christmas Give-away .. I've got the santa hat this year, thank you, ksbman for running 7 years of giveaways! The format and rules will basically be the same, thank you for letting me use the text!

This thread is for entering the giveaway, just post in the thread asking to be in!

I asked other CPF members to donate a light (or whatever) that they are not using, and we've gotten a pretty positive response this year! Currently, there are 30 lights in the hat.

Friday, November 26th, I will post, in random order, the names of those whom ask to be considered in this thread. Those people will then be able to choose a donated light, one at a time, starting from the top of the list.

This offer is open to those participating members of the CPF community who cannot afford to buy one of these lights themselves, whether it be because they have no job, no disposable income, are still in school, or ?.

PLEASE do not ask to be considered just because you do not want to spend your own money. Let someone who truly is in need have a chance to get a light.

I won't mention what lights are available until November 26th. ;)

RULES- Don't take a light just because it is free. If you have no use for what is available when it is your turn to choose, leave it for the next person. Please be considerate.

This offer is open to those participating members of the CPF community who cannot afford to buy one of these lights themselves, whether it be because they have no job, no disposable income, are still in school, or ?.

- If your 'About Me' profile isn't filled out, you don't qualify.

- If you have received a gift from the last 3 Christmas Give-aways, then you don't qualify.

- If you have more than one 'high end' light, you dont qualify.

- If you just don't want to spend your own money, you don't qualify.

- If you just want another light to add to your collection, you don't qualify.

- If you signed up for CPF just to join the giveaway, you don't qualify. :ohgeez: If you signed up after 11/1/10, I'm afraid you can't participate!

The first person on the list picks which light he wants and posts his choice. The second person then makes his choice from what's left and posts what he's chosen. And so on.

Once we get to the bottom of the list there will still be a lot of lights left over. We'll just run the list again, this time in reverse order, starting from the bottom and working up until all the lights are gone.

I will update the list to reflect what's been chosen already, but you don't have to wait on me. Just read the post ahead of yours and choose accordingly.

The process will take a few days because I won't notify you when it's your turn. You'll just have to check the thread to see when you're up. In the past, the people on the list below a slowpoke will PM/e-mail that person, several times. :poke:

On the first run of the list, if it's been your turn for two days and you haven't chose yet, you will be skipped over. On the second (or more) run, you have one day to choose before you are skipped over. If you have been skipped, you can choose whenever you do show back up.

After you've chosen a light, send an e-mail or PM with your address to the person who donated the light and we'll mail your light to you.

The economy hasnt been the greatest this year.. a heartfelt, thank you! to all the donators for sparing what they have to make others happy. :)

Here's the participant list!

tbutter