Which flashlight(s) do you keep in your vehicle?

JTElectric

Newly Enlightened
Hello, winter's coming, and I just made my annual sweep of flashlights at my friends/neighbors homes, someone has to make sure the batteries aren't leaking or dead! I, like many (it should be ALL! :nana:) of you keep at least one light in all my vehicles, my work truck has 3, not counting any that may be in my tool bag or on my person. I recently had some alkaline AA's go bad and ruin the light I keep in the glovebox of my 70 Chevelle. So, I decided to switch to all lithium batteries in lights that are seldom used, and started using Eneloops in my carry lights and lights I keep around home or work.

So, I have one vehicle that I am flashlight-less in, but it seldom gets driven, but I want to put a light in the glovebox anyhow. I prefer Nitrolon Surefires for my vehicles, but at the moment I don't have any! :shakehead So although my first choice would be for G2Ls or the new G2X Surefires, (because they're much easier on cold hands!) I'm thinking I may stick a Quark Mini in the gloveboxes intead. One benefit of using a tiny Aluminum light versus a Mag is that it can be dropped into a pocket to warm up quickly!

I love the Mini 123 for it's brightness, but If I break down somewhere and needed a battery, It's always lots easier and cheaper to find AAs, so I'm leaning towards the Mini AA, with a spare Energizer lithium in some sort of plastic tube to keep them clean and together.

I will probably order myself a Surefire G2X to stick in my truck, since that's all that really gets driven in the winter, and the 4D Maglite I keep in there is MIGHTY cold! I'm just thinking the strobe/SOS modes might be handy to keep in a vehicle if I'm changing a flat or have to tow someone out of a ditch.

So, just wanted to hear what other people carry around in their vehicles! Thanks for looking, Justin :thumbsup: