Given an MN-10 Bulb

C

claychps

Hi all,

A co-worker gave me an SF MN-10 bulb for free along with 12 CR123 Panasonic batts. His brother is in the service. I want to do something with it but am not that experienced. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

1) How would you prefer to purchase the light?

__X__I will be mail-ordering or buying online, so this doesn't matter.

2) Budget: An easy question, but you may change your mind after answering the rest! :)

__X__Less than $100.

3) Format:

__X__I want a flashlight.

4) Flashlight-specific format/size:

__X__Every day carry medium (4-7 inches).

5) Emitter/Light source:

__X__Incandescent (known for superior color rendition)

6) Manufacturer:

__X__I would consider getting a light that is pieced together (for example a "host" or flashlight body from one manufacturer, and a "drop-in" emitter from another source).

7) What battery type do you want to use?

__X__I intend to use lithium primary batteries (CR123, CR2, Energizer Advanced/Ultimate Lithium AA/AAA)

9) Throw vs. Flood: At what distance will you be most likely to use this light? Select all that apply.

__X__50-150 yards/meters (I live in a very rural area/farm with wide open spaces.

10) Runtime: Not over-inflated manufacturer runtime claims, but usable brightness measured from first activation to 50% with new batteries (Measured on maximum output).

__X__90-120 minutes (Runtime is moderately important, but still not critical)

11) Durability/Usage: Generally the old phrase "you get what you pay for" is very accurate for flashlights.

__X__Slightly Important (Walks around the neighborhood).

12) Switch Type and location

__X__I want a tail mounted switch

13) User Interface (UI) and mode selection. Select all that apply.

__X__A simple on-off with only one output level is fine for me.

14)Material/Finish/Coating

__X__Anodized Aluminum – either type II or III (Hard Anodized) (Aluminum, specifically HA, is the most common material/finish for today

Thanks,

Robert