Cell structure of a Streamlight Stinger

Saaby

Flashaholic
Hi guys. First of all this technically belongs in General, but I thought that the modders would be more likely to have the anser.

I have a Streamlight Stinger on it's way to me (See Here [ QUOTE ]
feel bad. I had wanted everyone to have a working light right out of the box. But for Saaby and IlluminatingBikr it looks like you'll have to buy batteries. I'm Sorry!

[/ QUOTE ])

But the battery is dead. What exactly is a Stinger battery? I'm hoping it's just a few 1/2Ds because I have some of those sitting here doing nothing. Does the Super Stinger use the same battery, because I noticed it costs a few dollars more.

T-Rex

Newly Enlightened
Ryan,

Stinger batteries are 3 sub-C cells.
IIRC, Super Stingers use 5 sub-C cells.

HTH

T

P.S. linky no worky.

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Chevy,

A stinger battery is this. I'm not sure if that is a bunch of 1/2D's.

The Super Stinger uses a different battery pack. The Super Stinger batt is 6 volts, and the Stinger is 3.6 and it's also bigger. SuperStinger Battery pack.

BTW, your link doesn't work.

Saaby

Flashaholic
Perfect /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

If the SuperStinger is just 5 cells instead of 3, could Bikr buy 2 of these and split one apart?

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nope, can't break up a Super/Ultra Stinger battery stick.

A Stinger stick uses 3 Sub-C NiCd cells (1800MAH) in series. The negative terminal of the stick is connected to a ring which surrounds the positive terminal of the stick, essentially bringing both terminals to the same side of the battery stick.

--dan