Dereelight DBS V3 - Aspherical Lens with SST-50 pill (beamshot)

Blerv

Newly Enlightened
Hey Everone,

I'm a pretty new (and novice) member of CPF. I hope this isn't a fluff post.

I have not seen any pics of this combo until I played legos with my DBS today. Please forgive the marginal cell phone pic but it will give a size reference:

photo-7.jpg

**About 30 feet away in a lighted office **

The XR-E R2 in the Aspherical is simply insane. The problem is that while amazing for showing off it really only is useful at binocular distance or at the last a few hundred feet. At close ranges you can't walk the dog with it very well.

Meanwhile the SST-50 with the standard head was super bright with nice spill. It seemed to throw about as well as my brother's Olight M20 but again with much more light in every direction. With the Aspherical lense the hotspot was still much brighter and larger. It's almost a perfect square and the lines are crisp...it's like LED graph paper on the wall. :twothumbs

I'll know better tonight how this will throw in the dark and if it's anything better than simply a white wall giggle. Not that my camera will pick it up but I will post reflections.

Jumping straight to the SST-50 I didn't have the chance to use a DBS with the XR-E R2. I'm looking forward to that experiment as well with the nice jump in runtime (im running 2x IMR16340's).

Oh and please don't take this as a knock to the 60k+ lux of the R2/Aspherical or the godly spill and light of of the standard head SST-50. Those combos totally speak for themselves. :grin2: Just a different way to look at illumination I guess.