Surefire bulb problems

richpalm

Banned
Hi all,

Just got an M3T-pretty much completes the Surefire collection.

OK, so I had to blind myself and shine it on the walls for awhile.-less than 5 min. total use. Then I'm thinking, "this thing isn't that bright...."

I removed the LA (MN15) and the bulb was clouded with a black ring around the filament on the glass-almost as if the gas escaped or..?

Also I have a brand new P90 with rings-very strange beam pattern.

Does anyone know if Surefire will ship me new lamps under warranty before I send these two back? Don't wanna be without spares!(Both lights were sealed in the boxes but they came from Ebay.)

Thanks a lot,

Rich

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup just call CS and they should send you new one's. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, they're usually pretty good about returns and especially with LA's. The problem they've had with LA's and rechargeable batteries is they aren't made in house and are sourced from all over the globe. I heard they were changing that but I'm not sure.

richpalm

Banned
OK, Thanks. Just want to get them quick...anyone know if you actually have to return the defectives?
Thanks.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Richpalm,
I've read that some people are asked to return Lamp Assemblies for replacement and others are not. I guess SureFire Customer Service decide based on the conversation they have with you whether the need to have the failed lamp back or not.

Gene,
Do any flashlight manufacturers make their own lamps and batteries in house?

SureFire bulbs are made in America. Some Lamp assemblies are assembled in Mexico when there is very high demand.

Al

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast
Al,
No, I'm sure they all use outsources. I just remember someone at SF, (in customer service), telling me the LA's were produced in two or three different countries. Maybe he was wrong.

Size15's

Flashaholic
I was under the impression from PK that there was only one site at which the bulbs themselves are manufactured and that was in the USA. The parts for the Lamp Assemblies are made at SureFire. They are assembled and focused at two sites (one across the boarder in Mexico) The whole process of making a Lamp Assembly is very complicated. I should talk to PK before digging myself a hole!

Al

Latest posts