Ideal EDC light -- suggestions?

pnwoutdoors

Enlightened
Q: What flashlights would you recommend to a person looking for a daily-carry light the following basic requirements (below)? What would you recommend considering, considering either standard/factory available lights or well-regarded custom builds available from others?

I am looking for a range of reasonable configurations to consider. I've been reading (and reading, and reading) on CPF and have been catching up on how far the technologies have come in the past 5 years or so. And I'll continue to do so, as there is much to review, learn.

My goal is for a daily-carry flashlight that:

• Fits in the pocket. Is no larger than a SureFire 6P body, ideally under 5H x 1D, and under 6oz (without batteries).
  • Is extremely reliable. Is rugged and durable. Is not known to be finicky, flaky or problematic.
  • Has two or three modes (hi/lo, or hi/med/lo).
  • Has high output of at least 400 lumens for 2+ hours, longer is better.
  • Has low output of 5-15 lumens for ~50 hours or more, longer is better.
  • If is a 3-mode control, would not mind an intermediate level of output, 40-80 lumens for ~12 hours or more.
  • Supports a battery known for long-life in a 1x or 2x cell arrangement, ie 1x18650, 2x18560, 1x26650, or other. Would prefer to avoid CR123, RCR123 cells.
  • Is highly water resistant to roughly the IPX8 standard.
  • The cost target is $300 for the light, several batteries, charger.

I'm not a craftsman or tinkerer with electronics, so personally fabricating anything or doing my own custom build (other than final assy) isn't what I am looking for.

Given the above criteria, what might you recommend for ideal candidates?

Latest posts