Ned to "upsize" my EDC light, need suggestions (newb)

sac02

Newly Enlightened
A year ago I got a Quark Mini AA for EDC and have been happy with it. A couple months ago I started a job where I'm using the light a lot more and need to upgrade while at work.

The job is an engineer at an auto manufacturing plant; so I need the light to do occasional (couple times a day) vehicle inspections. Average daily runtime from 5 to 20 minutes. Varying conditions - well lit assy line area, indoors, outdoors, under vehicles, in vehicles, engine compartments, dawn/dusk/day/night. As a nerd, er, engineer, I carry a small pouch on my belt with a small tool assortment at work that I plan to put the light in.

However, I'm not a flashaholic, don't even know where to start really. I came here to get recommendations that led me to the Quark Mini AA a year ago, so I'm back again hoping for help.

I guess I already listed above the how and how long the light will be used. Oher criteria in approximate order of importance include:

Lumens: need more than the Mini AA, don't really know how many (newb)

Multi-mode function: sometimes need to do up-close small part inspection where high setting only would be too bright and no good.

Size: I know it's going to be bigger than my current light, but I still need to carry other tools in my relatively small belt pouch.

Batteries: I like the Mini AA because I don't have to think about batteries - I just buy the bulk pack of cheapies, and replace as needed. If my new light needs 123's or something more unique, you may have to help me understand the world of those batteries options (cost, rechargeables, etc).

Price: NOT cost-is-no-object, but I'm willing to pay for quality or performance. I figure I'm in the $100 ballpark?

Operation: don't care clicky vs twist

Let me know if there's any more info I can give to help you help me find the right light.

Thanks!

Latest posts