Sneak Preview - Plugin AAA LED Adapter

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is something new coming down the line soon. A real plug in LED adapter that can make ordinary 1 AAA incandecent flashlights into white LED flashlights in a snap.

snk2.jpg

Yes, that's a Solitare with some unusually white light coming out it's front end. This adapter is small enough it even fits in the Solitare.

snk1.jpg

This plug in adapter uses a very bright T ranked Nichia that's been modded to a side emitter for use with reflectors, and has it's own intregal heatsink.

snk3.jpg

Of course, it will also fit nicely into the Legend AAA also, making it a snap to convert over to LED operation.

snk4.jpg

This is very bright and long running LED adapter that plugs right in place of the ancient incandecent lamp. Look for this to be available in the next few weeks..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Lighthouse

Enlightened
Re: Sneek Preview - Plugin AAA LED Adapter

Lambda,

Nice work. Direct drive or regulated? Since you said it would work in a Solitare it seems to imply regulation/boost circuitry at work /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif its hard to tell from the photos. What kind of pricing?

Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif
Lighthouse

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator

Ok...as I understand it, it only works in 1xAAA flshlights? Not 2xAAA like the AAA MiniMag?

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast

Oh man, I've been waiting for this for a long time! I really love the Solitare's design but they're worthless stock. I have three of them that I've had sitting in a drawer for years just waiting for this mod! You better gear up Lambda because you're going to sell a ton of these! Man, has your creativity been on overdrive lately.

Like Roy, I'm wondering if these will also work in a 2XAAA mag? I have one of those also begging for a mod like this.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast

Awesome drop in! That's perfect for people who wish to have a small cheap led light, or people who are afraid of banging up the body. They can just swap it into another one!

Is that a 3mm LED? Is a SE 3mm w/reflector better than a 5mm alone?

Looks as almost you can swap out the LED. That would be cool /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Maybe it will be offered w/out LED so someone could put any color they wanted in?

I would want a 395nm UV one!

paulr

Flashaholic

Very nice work, but why on earth would I want to convert a Solitaire to LED when I can just buy an Arc AAA?

More interesting would be a Luxeon conversion for the 2aaa Minimag, or some similar conversion for the PT Blast, IMO.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast

hopefully it will be a lot cheaper than an arc. And you can change body colors. Also you can use the legend AAA and have a tacticle tail cap.

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

Very nice Lambda /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Look forward to more details

red_robby

Enlightened

Paulr,
even though I have a ridicules amount of arc AAA's, I still
like the solitaire, and I'm sure I'm not the only one...
the arc is still all I'll carry on my keychain BUT, I have a feeling that might change once the Nano-Mate is available
that light is just too cool for words /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif

Y2Kirk1028

Enlightened

Wow very nice! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
I like the fact that it uses the reflector, this will produce a nice tight hotspot with good side-spill.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *

Opening up a whole new market!! Brilliant!! I'm now holding on to my old stock solitaires (and maybe buying some additonal Legend AAAs. This could be a great gift for flashalics as well as non-flashaholics!!

Drjones

Enlightened

What price would this have to be for you guys to buy it vs. just buying an Arc AAA?

Isn't the AAA smaller than the Solitaire?

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

Boy! It sure feels good to be on the "inside" of one of these projects for once:

fb290f2e.jpg

fb290f2f.jpg

And to give you an idea of the true "nano class" size of converter required to make this elegant plug-in mod possible:

fb290f2c.jpg

Try not to squint too hard looking at these...

e=mc²

Enlightened
NJ - Land of malodorous \"earl\" refineries!
Holy microsurgery, Batman! That sure is teentsy-weentsy. Very nice, indeed! Hopefully they will be cheaper than the arc. If not, then the only pros I see going for it is the ability to change body colors as noted above. My first solitaire purchased over 12 years ago held up for 10+ years before the internal switch gave out to intermittent (read: flickering) operation. I routinely use "DeOxit" on my larger mag switches every couple of years to get rid of annoying flicker, even on incandescent, but especially on my LED/Luxeon modded ones.

Ed.