1st Mod, Tiablo A9 on the way

BirdieShooter

Newly Enlightened
At the urging of KevinL I took the plunge and ordered an A9 and a lens for it from Flashlight Connection. I got the A9 out of the yard sale section so I saved a little which I am telling myself will take the sting out if I totally destroy it. I have been poking around on here trying to figure out how to order the right red led to replace the white one. As usual its all very confusing to me. I am hoping to come up with a good direct replacement so I dont overload my brain trying to mod more than one thing for my first try. I think I am going to contact Cree and ask them what they suggest based upon what FCs website says the particular A9 I am getting has in it. I bought the company tester from the yard sale but I am assuming it is the same A9 they have for sale with these specs;

Cree 7090 XR-E LED. WC Q5 LED

Step down constant current driver. High efficiency with dual mode DC-DC regulator (PWM / PFM), working voltage is 2.75V to 10V.

Supports three battery sizes: one 18650 Li-ion battery, 2 x CR123, or 2 x RCR123 batteries.

Two stage output:

1. High output: 210 real out the front Lumens (256 LED Lumens!)

2. Low output: 60 Lumens

For the most part I have a decent grip on what the 7090 XR-E means but the WC Q5 is throwing me. If anyone can help me out with this and maybe help me pick out a red led I would appreciate it. I will do pics as I go to show off my first adventure here as boring as it may be. It will give me a chance to get used to doing it for some upcoming things I want to try once I get my feet wet. My ultimate goal, (at this point) is to build a couple of red hunting lights powered by Milwaukee M12 batteries (I have a bunch of them).

Any help or input will be greatly appreciated.