HELP: My Nitecore D10 is dead!

Sebastian Torres

Newly Enlightened
I bought a Nitecore D10 (new version) a couple of months ago and it worked just fine since the day one, I used it almost everyday and feed it with freshly charged Sanyo Eneloops AA batteries. Last week I tried to use it and it didn't work, at first I thought it might be a discharged battery but I tried with several AA batts (Eneloops, Energizers, Duracells, rechargeable and non-rechargeable ones) and nothing happened.

IMG00029-20101114-2035.jpg

It seems strange to me that the led bulb could have been burned due to the use, even though I've had it on max power for 20 minutes or so two or three times since I received. I don't know what to do, I'm out of the US and it's impossible for me to claim for warranty (sending it in for repairing and receiving it back would be more expensive than the flashlight itself.)

I've taken some pics for you to see the internals of the flashlight, so maybe you can notice something I haven't. I don't know anything about microchips, leds or circuitry.

IMG00030-20101114-2036.jpg

IMG00034-20101114-2042.jpg

One thing I did notice was that the white plastic cover of the led was kind of wet on the inner part (not all the cover, just a little spots) and I'm not sure it was water or humidity there, it was more likely to an oilish substance or some glue. Perhaps that's normal...

Another thing I notice was the white seal around the led bulb, covering part of the cables and surrounding the outer part. Take a look at it:

IMG00031-20101114-2039.jpg

If any of you guys can help me I'd thank you very much, this flashlight was part of my EDC and it's impossible to find one of these in these country. Now I have to carry a Maglite Solitaire and the difference is almost ridicule.

Thanks in advance.