surefire v other brands

trbofrek

Newly Enlightened
hi everyone, i guess you can consider me a noob at flashlights but i have a question that needs to be answered. so i have a few chinese led flashlights such as fenix, 4sevens and nitecore and i have to say that all serve me greatly with their build quality and brightness. but i realized that the big hype of great flashlights are from surefire. but looking deeper i realized that surefire flashlights are not actually fully covered in the warranty with burnt lamps or parts. and also for me being a poor college student, the sight of using rechargeable batteries voiding the warranty threw me away from surefire. i also realized that the lumen output on many of the surefires are same or lower than my flashlights and can be 50% more expensive!

I know i have not handled a surefire light and i know if i did i would really come to love it, but for the price point and somewhat mediocre lumen output (compared to others), i would not be buying a surefire in the near future.

but i wanted to get cpf users opinions on what they believe, so that i may be educated on whether buying a surefire is a good buy and your personal opinion on why you love surefire over other brands or other way around or the same. thanks! sorry for the long post!