Disco mode

MK9

Newly Enlightened
In the past year I've wondered how the strobe mode (which is what this post regards, not the beacon or sos) could be useful. Oh sure, I've had fun with it. Freakin' out the wife and kids a few times but that was about it.

Until last week. The wife and I were taking a late evening walk. It was pitch black out; no moon visible. We rounded a corner and heard a growl.

I had my QAA2 that night. I cycled through until I settled on high mode. I think it's 80 or 85 lumens. I saw our neighbors muttly dog. He had his head down and the ridge of hair was standing up. I stomped the ground and yelled out. ...did not phase or deter him ( or her) in the least bit. That's when I figured I'll try the self defense (As I have heard it refered to) strobe mode. As I strobed the dog and walked towards him that did it. He gave one last growl and went back to the safety of his yard.

That is my one and only, as of yet, real experience with it. i do not know how well it would work on a determined foe; but for neighborhood dog it worked well enough for us to complete our walk without additional incident.