I want to make a good thrower - I have a Surefire C2 - Should I buy Solarforce L2?

jonblack

Newly Enlightened
Hello

I would like to make a good thrower. I have a Surefire C2 Centurion but I have also read a lot of people like the Solarforce L2 because of the ability to use the 18650 cell.

So here is a little bit about my needs:

Single or multi mode is fine

1. A nice focused beam for throwing 100-200 meters. Farther is OK, too.

2. A nice balance of brightness and run time.

3. Would be used for walking around my property, looking around the neighbor's property (rural area) and driving down city streets looking for junk (for resale) in the trash.

4. I don't guess I am picky about the LED tint, just not overly blue or greenish.

I am currently have a four RC123A batteries. I am willing to buy other types of cells.

Can someone recommend a budget priced good performing drop in for my Surefire C2? It is in rough shape and I don't want to spend a ton on it. I don't currently have a working drop in for it so, at least, want to get it working.

Can someone recommend a mid-range performance build with the Solarforce L2, suggesting dropins, batteries, extendeds, mulitmode options, etc?

I have been reading about the Malkoff dropins and the Dereelight drop ins. I would rather stick with some sort of a budget (say $100 for the light) but if I need to spend $60 on an awesome drop in I will.

OK, feel free to ask question and make suggestions. I am new here but I am looking forward to learning more from all of you.

Thank you in advance

jonblack