DQG Tiny, probably the smallest AAA XP-G R5 pocket light

Z

z_rhodium

Hello all,

Last month, I came across what I think is the smallest AAA pocket light in the market. it's the DQG Tiny. It has been my favorite pocket light since but I found no information on CPF, so I will try to repair this injustice :whistle:

The DQG Tiny is a DIY project born in Beijing to make the smallest floody 2 levels pocket light running on AAA batteries (no Li-ion, only Alkalines, ni-mh and disposable Lithiums). The specs are:

- Tiny size: 65x12.5mm

- Ridiculous low weight of 8grs !

- Runs on AAA batteries

- HAIII coating on AL. 2 colors: silver and gun metal

- PMMA lens for a very floody beam without any ring from large hotspot to spill

- Cool white Cree XP-E R2 1A emitter

- 2 levels KISS twisty UI. 20mA for Low and 200mA for high

- Constant current driver (no PWM, no flickering)

- Reverse polarity protection

- Neodymium magnet on the tailcap

- Limited edition of 200pcs (mine is serial 130 :) )

Been a limited edition of a DIY project, availability was very restricted. No online sales that I'm aware of, except direct from the guy. The first batch is sold out but the good news is that a new batch is coming in 4 weeks with 3 levels UI, Stainless steel body and XP-G neutral R5 emitter (3B / 3C, 5000K tint).

My version is with the gun metal finish and it came with a 3 levels UI (custom made for me that will become the standard in the next batch). This beauty has replaced Tiablo A1 and Fenix E01 as my main pocket light.

UI is very simple. Head fully tighten, light is OFF. Loosen a bit the head for High level, loose more for Mid level, loose more for low. Every 30~40 degrees turn is needed to change a level. Pretty KISS IMHO :thumbsup:

ok let's move to the necessary pictures...

First a familly shot to realize how much small this thing is:

DSCF7344.jpg

From left to right: AAA Panasonic battery, DQG Tiny, Fenix E01, Tiablo A1 OEM with Q5 5B emitter, Airola 18650 Ti, Dereelight Cl1H v4, ITP SA2. E01 looks fat compared to the tiny !!!

Close up of the AAA models:

DSCF7345.jpg

Optics:

DSCF7347.jpg

Not so easy to see the PMMA lens of the DQG Tiny. I will try later a better shot

The head dissembled from the body:

DSCF7349.jpg

Nice piece of brass

finally the head and the tailcap:

DSCF7350.jpg

I will try to take some beamshots later tonight in my basement

that's all for now :hitit: