SF 6PL D: Malkoff drop-in and batteries to use?

Z

z_Winchester

Hi everyone, good morning to all. In first place I'd like to thank everyone in this forum, eventhough this is my first post here and you don't know me I have been reading a lot and everything I know about flashlights, lamps and batteries (little, but at least it's something) I got it from these pages.

Now, all what I have read and researched is not enough as for me to make a decision on this, so I'd like to know someone else's ideas about my particular case.

To the point:

* I have a SF 6PL Defender (body, tailcap and bezel only), I want to get a Malkoff drop-in, I want the tint to be the most similar to the P60L-WH as possible and I want to get the best performance I can get out of the XP-G.

Which drop-in/battery combination would you use?, M61?, M61W?, M31?, M31W?, 2xCR123?, 2xRCR123?, 1x17670? (18650 is out of the equation, I don't feel comfortable with boring out the tube)

* I have a chinese 18650 host (I think AngelFire, or any other kind of fire for that matter) with a SF P60L-WH. Again, which battery setup would you use for this one? (2xCR123, 2xRCR123, 1x18650)

A little background:

I purchased this - SUREFIRE-6P-LED-DEFENDER

The cheap chinese R5 drop-in it came with lasted for a month. I said I dont need that much power, I need reliability, so I got a spare SF P60L-WH. Of course it works okay, but now I said okay, I probably dont need that much power, but I want it!, so I decided to get the Malkoff drop-in (not which, though) and I got the chinese host to put around the P60L.

So that is it, I don't know which drop-in to get and which batteries to use with each light, if anyone can give me some advice, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Just wanted to point out one thing: right now I'm using CR123's from Surefire and Energizer, and if I was to stick to primaries I would keep using those and I could also try Duracell and Panasonic. If I started using rechargeables I'd be getting AW's and a Pila IBC charger. If anyone has any comments on that, I'm all eyes!

Thanks!