• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

●=●=● Titanium Wavelength--withdrawn ●=●=●

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Titanium Wavelength (no longer) For Sale

You can follow the development of the build by reading about the AL prototype, or see some of the earlier pics of the Ti version; but here are some photos of the final version now up for sale:

TiWavelength-Final-1.jpg

TiWavelength-Final-3.jpg

TiWavelength-Final-5.jpg

There are no sharp edges on the light. :devil:

TiWavelength-Final-4.jpg

Photo for size comparison only--the chrome McLux is not for sale.

Ti Wavelength specs:
  • 6AL4V Titanium
  • Seoul P4 LED, bin U3SVNH
  • GD750 driver
  • AW18500 rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery
  • 2mm thick mineral glass lens
  • Khatod 20mm stippled reflector
  • O-ring sealed
  • Silicone gasket to prevent battery rattle
  • Length: 83.50mm; diameter: 24.90mm; weight with battery: 3.4 ounces

You have to hold the Wavelength in your hands to appreciate the design--it is very sensuous. :D And the various curves create mesmerizing reflections as one moves the light.

Sorry, this light has been withdrawn.

PayPal to: [email protected]

Money Order or bank check are also acceptable.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: ●=●=● Titanium Wavelength For Sale ●=●=●

Might not be appropriate to post this here as I most definitely do not have the cash to purchase this light (and I don't want to clog your sales thread), but how do you even go about machining something like that!?

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast

Might not be appropriate to post this here as I most definitely do not have the cash to purchase this light (and I don't want to clog your sales thread), but how do you even go about machining something like that!?

Sorry for the very delayed reply, Mattaus--I've sort of been away for a while. :ohgeez:

The light is made using end mills to cut the circumferential grooves. The body is set-up in a dividing head and held with a collet. The body is perpendicular to the end mill, and the body is moved into the tip of the end mill to create one groove at a time. I cut a series of those grooves along the length of the light, then I rotate the body and do another set, etc., until the pattern is completed.

Then it's just a matter of a lot of buffing and polishing to bring out the smooth, shiny textures.

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for the reply - I got my first taste of using a metal lathe over the weekend just gone and my appreciation for the craftsmanship that goes into these lights went up infinitely. There is some serious skill here...

Also goes someway to explaining the costs lol.

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,

Holy crap that is some amazing work Fred! More amazing that this was done on a manual machine! :twothumbs

grayhighh

Enlightened

I keep coming back to see the pics, i have no idea how Fred create this light, it's amazing!

DBCstm

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have no idea how it came to pass that this light eluded my adoration, but it's stunning! Sensuous? I bet it is.

Digging for pocket change....