Black Surefire Executive Elite series?

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Island security have them listed on their website. Anyone know anything more about these? are they HAIII? will Surefire make matching LED bezels?

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Black Surefire Exectuvice Elite series?

I'm almost certain you are looking at an E1, not an E1e and they are Type II anodizing rather than Type III (HA).

I had gotten a response from PK that there are no plans to produce any of the E-type/size lights in Black HA. I will look through my correspondence (or maybe it was a post) to find his exact wording.

Kiessling

Flashaholic

I think Al mentioned some times ago that all SF lights will be available in black HAIII eventually, but I may be wrong.
bernhard

Size15's

Flashaholic

I think you are wrong. My information is the opposite.

There are no plans for HABK versions of the Millennium Series.
There were no current plan for an E2e-HABK when I ask PK specifically a couple months ago. However, marketing may want to play around.

Of course, Dealers can order SureFires in a number of customised variations (including HABK), they just have to order enough of them. How many is 'enough' I have no idea.

Al

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

well, according to the part number, it is type 2 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif
as al said, an ha3 versin would be habk /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

i know i'd be interested!

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast

Rothrandir,

That is the indication I've gotten. The E(x)e in black is NOT HA, and would be designated as HA somehow. The black is similar to the E(x)w with black Type II anodizing.

With that said, (and as Al pointed out) any dealer can special-order a quantity of almost any of the lights with special engravings or coatings. The key to this is that in the past, the MINIMUM order on this type of thing has been 500 pcs. and that was only for engraving. To set up a special run of a color, I would figure SF would require min of 1k pcs and also would require a setup fee beyond the normal for just personalized laser engraving.

Kiessling

Flashaholic

Sorry Al, it was not you who said it. When I hear some news about SF products, your name immediately comes to my mind ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I ment
this thread
where FC stated that all SF lights will be available in HAIII black anytime soon. He had his info from Doug at SF CS. According to his statement we should have seen the black versions about 8 weeks ago ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Just for the record: your comment was "no comment". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

bernhard