Can you tell me what I am looking at?

shane73

Newly Enlightened
Can you tell me what I am looking at?

I was just wondering if someone can tell me how many lumens I am looking at on the iTP A3 EOS when it is on high using the Energizer Lithium L92 batteries. I am just trying to get an idea of how much light is what. I know it says its 80LM but then I see a chart showing "Reliative Overall Light Output" and it's showing the number 38. Then I see another showing "Lightbox Max" of 39 and so on. I know there are Lumens measured at the bulb and then some out the front. I am just wondering when I have my little A3 EOS running a lithium battery and shining light on things, how many lumens am I seeing. Is it 80 or am I seeing more like 35? Also when it's on low, is this really 1.5 lumens I am seeing? What about the medium, is this 18 lumens?

Reason I am asking is because I am trying to find my perfect light. If I can get an idea of how bright of light I am seeing, then I think it will make my search a lot easier. If this is 80 lumens on high I am seeing, then I want one that will put out a true 160 – 200 lumens which may force me to go to a double A flashlight or use the 3.6 – 4.2 batteries. I may even have to jump to the 123 battery flashlight. If this is only 38 lumens I am seeing then I would be happy with one with a true 80 – 100 lumen flashlight. I really love the small size of the A3 EOS so I could go with a triple A light that is built to handle a 10440 battery and be very happy. I could even find me a small double A light that uses the 14500 battery and be pretty happy.

More Questions:

1) On the Fenix website - the LD10 with the R4 cree – on the beam shots, run time rate, discharge graph, and stuff like that – in the bottom right corner of all these it says in small letters "One two 2500mAH AA batteries" – what does this mean? Did they use one or two batteries?

2) Also in the Fenix site – All of these are AA lights

LD10 Golden OX - XR-E (Q5) - 120 Lumens

LD10 - XR-E (Q5) - 120 Lumens

LD10 - XP-G (R4) - 132 Lumens

LD15 - XP-G (R4) - 117 Lumens

L1D Premium Q5 - XR-E (Q5) - 120 Lumens

L1D CE - XR-E (?) - 90 Lumens

L1T V2.0 - XR-E (Q2) - 98 Lumens

Why is the LD15 dimmer than the other R4s and Q5s?

3) The 4sevens 123 Mini flashlights – Max Output: 135 ANSI lumens – is this really 55 lumens brighter than my A3 – will I notice it by eye?

4) What is the brightest AAA flashlight I can purchase right now that's in production? I wanted the liteflux but they are hard to come across.

5) My biggest question – I have just about talked myself into a Quark Mini 123 but I do not know which one I want. I seen so many people not happy about the S2s they are receiving. They are saying they turn everything pea green. I just want something that has good lower modes for general use but if I need to light up the back yard, I have a super bright high. I want that light to be a good "white" light.

My question is…. Is there anywhere I can see beam shots of the Mini 123 running the same battery in R2, R5, and S2. - Maybe against a white wall and some outdoors shots?

Latest posts