Holsters...

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a few lights that I'd like to carry in holsters but I don't know which one...I have a X5T and know there's some holster that you can carry lengthwise for the X5T instead of vertical but can't remember which one it is or where to get it.

So, here's what I'd like holsters for:

E1e w/KL1 (I LOVE this light!)
E2e w/KL1
X5T - horizontal carry
6P w/KL3
9P w/KL3
TwinTask 3C - is there a better alternative to a holster?
TwinTask 2L
ProPolymer 4AA 7LED

Here's what I've come up with so far...

HOLSTER SUGGESTIONS:
E1e w/KL1 - Ripoffs CO-37
E2e w/KL1 - V82?
X5T (hc) - CountyComm holster
6P w/KL3 -
9P w/KL3 -
TwinTask 3C - Mag "flashlight ring thing for belts"
TwinTask 2L -
ProPolymer 4AA 7LED - CLC Custom Leather craft #1128

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
X5T has a holster availabe for it from www.countycomm.com (CC)It can be worn vertical or horizontally, also can be attached to a load bearing vest.

I have two and use one for my SL TT 1L and a spare battery in a APS case.

3C - have you ever thought about the maglite holders for their C maglites, may work may not work, just throwing an idea out without thinking much.

There was a thread on the CC holsters a while back and remember a picture with the lights that can fit in there. A Xenergy 2L (aka SL TT 2L) could fit in there.

My Pelican M6 and SL Scorpion fit in there. The CC holster is noticably smaller than the included holster with my Pelican M6 so I will use it whenever I have the urge to carry my PM6 horizontally on my belt.

Its also a steal at $5 a piece. Also would like to plug the BOB bag from CC. I love this bag. Keeps an undergraduate student organized!

Sharp

Enlightened
Surefire makes many holster for its lights, but lights outfitted with LED Assemblies won't fit into nylon holsters.
There is the Polymer Tactical holster that will fit most Surefires. It's the V70 .
V28 will fit 6P while V16 will fit your 9P. I think that the holster housing the 6P could house an E2e also, but I'm not sure.

Heck

Enlightened
I was wondering about the L4 actually. I was told the holster for the L4 is V82 since it's for the E2e, but on the Surefire site it says V20 or V21.

kz1000s1: does the L4 fit really snug or is there movement with the V21?

Tombeis

Enlightened
www.maxpedition.com has some great heavy duty Nylon holsters that fit various flashlights.

I have two of their single sheaths, and they will accept a Surefire E2e with a KL-1 LED bezel, and similar size flashlights. The sheath attachs in vertical or horizontal position. This sheath has fifty thousand duty cycle Velcro which seems to last forever compaired to the standard Velcro on other holster/sheaths.

I also have their cell phone holster which is adjustable for phone size and can be attached to carry the phone in a vertical or horizontal position.

Sharp

Enlightened
There are many types of holsters that fit same flashlights... I don't know what's the difference though.

LightChucker

Enlightened
ChrisM,

For the E1e/KL1, I would suggest the Ripoff CO-130. I bought mine from: Bulldog

I like the Ripoff because of the well designed belt clip. It's easy on and off, but very secure. It also works with the L4 and the Pelican M6.

Chuck

zorba

Enlightened
Chuck,
I used the CO 120 for my minimag and gerber legend, but I found that the belt clip would cut my pants were that protruding end of the clip scrubs against my trousers. (Excuse my language, but Im not a native speaker. Do you have this problem or not? If yes, have you found a way around it?
Thanks

LightChucker

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
zorba said:
Chuck,
I used the CO 120 for my minimag and gerber legend, but I found that the belt clip would cut my pants were that protruding end of the clip scrubs against my trousers. (Excuse my language, but Im not a native speaker. Do you have this problem or not? If yes, have you found a way around it?
Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

(Zorba, for not being a native of the USA, you do fine. In fact, there are plenty of people that do much worse, and they have no excuse.)

Wow! No, I have not had that experience, so I don't have a solution.

Let me see...hmmmm, have you checked for any roughness. Maybe you could round off the rough spot with sandpaper. Or, how about wrapping some electical tape around the part that is rubbing your pants? Or, have you seen that stuff that you can dip your tool handles in? It is a very heavy paint-like matterial that is very thick when it cures. I can get it at the local hardware store. That might do the trick.

Another thought - see if you can find the Ripoff web sight, and send them a note about your problem. They might already have a solution.

Good luck, Zorba! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

Chuck

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
still need help find holsters for the lights in the list above...thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

alberto

Enlightened
I just bought the Dorcy Spyder 2-pack at Costco which comes with two basic nylon holsters that are perfect fits for the E1e/E2e lights.

So go to Costco, and buy the two holsters for $26.99, and get two great lights and four Duracell CR123 batteries for free. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

brightnorm

Flashaholic
The shortest holster that will perfectly fit the Dorcy Spyder is the Streamlight Scorpion holster. It's approx 1/2" shorter than other holsters that have been mentioned.

Brightnorm

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Wife bought me a Maxpedition Proteus pack for my birthday so I added one of the sheath/mag pouches to the order after reading Tombeis' posting. I had wanted the baton/light pouch for my M3, but Tim at Maxpedition told me that they aren't available yet.

This is one heavy duty sheath, with multiple means of attachment, and an adjustable lid. It fits a G2, C2 (therefore, the M2 and 6P too)and the PM6 great (A McModule modded PM6 would be right at home in this), without any pressure on the momentary switch, but offers great protection for all lights in the 2x123 size. The Inova X5T fits with room for spare battery's next to it. Right now my L4 lives in it. It is definitely not your grandmother's sheath, it is an ultra heavy duty tactical nylon and due to that it has some bulk (it is still very lightweight though) to it but if you want protection for your lights It is great! As Tom stated the Velcro and it's reinforcement are superb! Overall excellent quality and materials, great protection, but not for those who don't like higher profile gear (due to some bulk).

Just thought a mini-review was in order.

Thanks for the tip Tom, I had been eyeballing Maxpeditions packs since TAD started carrying them, but had overlooked the sheath/magpouch till your post! I ordered direct from Maxpedition and Tim is a great guy, shipped fast too!

Maxpedition Sheath/Mag-pouch

TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif