Which is better? A or B...

wacbzz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Set 11 is in post 14

I went outside tonight to take some quick photos with a couple of lights that I have. My intent was to compare the photos between the two and decide which was the better light for taking outdoor photos at night.

To be honest, I was surprised at the photos I was taking. So, I decided to post them here with a poll to see which set/group/light you guys perceived as being the better of the two.

I'm not going to say which light is which just yet. I have PM'd another member and told them the identity of light A and the identity light B.

All the photos were taken with my Pentax K10D on the manual setting. The only thing that changed between each set of two photos is the distance in mm to the focal point. No camera trickery. :)

The order will always be the same; Light A will be the first photo every time and Light B will be the second photo. Try not to concentrate on the spill of each light in their respective photos - pick out a spot within the first photo and look at it exactly in the second photo, and then decide which photo/light you like best. It is obvious that one has a brighter hotspot than the other, but try to look around this as well when making your decision.

Here they are...

Set 1:

HighCRIvWarm001.jpg

HighCRIvWarm002.jpg

Set 2:

HighCRIvWarm003.jpg

HighCRIvWarm004.jpg

Set 3:

HighCRIvWarm005.jpg

HighCRIvWarm006.jpg

Set 4:

HighCRIvWarm009.jpg

HighCRIvWarm010.jpg

Set 5:

HighCRIvWarm011.jpg

HighCRIvWarm012.jpg

Set 6:

HighCRIvWarm015.jpg

HighCRIvWarm016.jpg

Set 7:

HighCRIvWarm021.jpg

HighCRIvWarm022.jpg

Set 8:

HighCRIvWarm017.jpg

HighCRIvWarm018.jpg

Set 9:

HighCRIvWarm023.jpg

HighCRIvWarm024.jpg

Set 10:

HighCRIvWarm007.jpg

HighCRIvWarm008.jpg

So there they are. Please take part in my little poll. At some point in the future, I will reveal what light is A and what light is B. This, of course, is non-scientific and my photo taking skills are about as good as Napoleon Dynamites nunchuck skills!

Thanks for looking. :)