It looks like a......................

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
A couple of months ago elektrolumens got a few of the Fraen "narrow" optics as samples, and I purchased one. I turned the "junk" off of it and it ended-up 7/8" dia. When I was doing the CR2 things, I made a 2-cell body. Along the way, a plan formed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif .
site1058.jpg

I made a copper center section and milled clearance for the inductor and other components on one of Wayne/dat2zip's BB750 boards:
site1056.jpg

I apologize for the blurry- wasn't using the flash (or a tripod) to avoid washout. Most of it is recognizable:
site1057.jpg

I got to try it out this weekend /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif , and with its W3 it's pretty bright. Especially given its size. Of course, given its size, it is only for intermittant use:
site1055.jpg

It also seems to work as a "turbo head" on the single CR2 bodies /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif .

Larry

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
wow!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif

that's simply amazing!
i'll bet peoples jaws drop to the floor when you turn that thing on! "bah, what can you do with that little thing? my minimags bigger than that....ahh! my eyes!"

Tomas

Banned
[ QUOTE ]
(Why am I getting links instead of pics?)

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a space before or after (or both) the URL inside the image tags, Larry ... remove those spaces and all will be well.

NEAT LIGHT!

(Did you see the LL123 beamshot in the FireFly BST thread?)

T_sig6.gif

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Thanks Roth and ufokillerz, and Tomas. I managed to fix it before I saw your post /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif . (And yes, saw the beamshots!)

Larry

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
What a precision mod. I especially like the way you milled different-sized clearances for the individual components on the BB board...

DSpeck

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe next year... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

Larry, once again - awesome job!!!

John Frederick

Enlightened
Looks like your trying to knock McGiz off the "Most Bad-Assed Modder" platform /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Just kidding...I realize there is no competition going on, it just seems like it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Once again I'm rendered "nearly" speachless!

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
MR Bulk, complements from you give me a real warm and fuzzy!

DSpeck, thanks. (Me, I'd go after the 1CR2 first /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif )

John Frederick, I had the pleasure of meeting McGiz this weekend, and seeing some of his awsome work, as well as getting to fondle a MaxaBeam :woodie: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif . The SF head is my DIY KL4 and uses a V3/cut-down 30mm optic. I got to compare it to an actual L4, and it lost /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif . The little guy above beat both of them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif .

Larry

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Larry, when you post your latest mods, i never kno how to feel. On the one hand, i get a real kick out of seeing awesome home-built flashlights, on the other, im sad cos the chances of me owning one are zero.
Absolutely stunning /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

John Frederick

Enlightened
Larry, if your DIY KL4 is not as bright it makes up for it with good looks (sounds like a woman /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/whoopin.gif)
It's good to know that the little guy still wins sometimes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
What can I say but /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Excellent Larry. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif What is the beam like?

jtice

Flashaholic
Very nice work, and a very nice shape and size.
Id like to see a 2x123/2AA size version of this. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
NICE larry /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
I really love the look of that copper sink with inductor and caps clearance.

Atomic6

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw this little gem, and a few variations and change-outs, with my own eyes. It is simply amazing. It is so very hot-white and bright. I want one. I Need one. It was a very complete device and I could tell that it is a labor of love. Thanks for showing it around.
Rich
A-6 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*
<font color="red"> Very nice Larry!!! </font> /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif Great job!

There has been some really awesome stuff going on here recently! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif Keep it up everyone!!! It just keeps getting better!

But my bank account keeps getting smaller... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif