Part Deux...Pictures at Night - with daylight photos and Light B High

wacbzz

Flashlight Enthusiast
As a last item, Ive taken photos with Light B set on High. These photos will be the last photo in each set. So, the order will be DaylightLight ALight B lowLight B High.

I've now added some daylight photos to go along with each set. I took them this morning on the auto setting on my camera, so they are not the greatest of shots, but do give some rendering of daytime color.
They are (obviously) the first photo in each set. I've tried to keep the mm the same...

Also, please see my response in post #10 about comparing photos between this thread and my previous thread.

So, after what evolved from the last thread, I've asked to have that one closed and start over with this one.

I realized half-way through taking my original photos that the hotspot from light B would take away from seeing the actual light it was producing. So to try to make the two different lights somewhat more compatable as far as quality of light, I cut the edge off of a desk mat at work and made two diffusers - one for each light.

PartDeux026.jpg

PartDeux025.jpg

That's right, I made one for each light. So that means (for those keeping track) that both lights in the following pictures are diffused. I wasn't and am not looking for which light has the better beam characteristics. I was looking for which light would produce the better light for me to take outdoor, night, and up close photos.

As a result, this thread is about one guys surprise about how two different lights were a lot alike when the switch was turned on and his desire to share photos of that. Further, the poll that will be placed here is unscientific at best. Opinions are just that and everybody has their own. I am/was not out to prove anything. Nope, dont have a hidden agenda. And Im definitely not trying to validate anything that you guys may or may not already know. I just want to know what you guys think of the photos. (Disclaimer part of the thread is now over. :))

Like the previous set(s) of photos, the pictures were taken with my Pentax K10D on full manual; the WB was set to Daylight, the photos were taken at 1/10 of a second, and the f stops were all predicated on what mm the photo was taken.

As before, Light A is first in every set and Light B is second in every set (meaning the first photo in every set is lit by Light A - you get the picture - I hope). They are not switched around, nor has anything been done to the photos - ie, no processing in photoshop or any other picture enhancer. Light A is on high, while Light B is set on its second level. This is for every picture. That is why the A photos will almost always show more detail around the edges of the photos.

As suggested in the other thread, I will take daytime photos of the locations in these photos, but it will not be until Sunday. I will then insert them with each set so you guys can see what each one looks like in the daylight.

Set 1:

PartDeux006-1.jpg

PartDeux001.jpg

PartDeux002.jpg

PartDeux021-1.jpg

Set 2:

PartDeux007-1.jpg

PartDeux003.jpg

PartDeux004.jpg

PartDeux022-1.jpg

Set 3:

PartDeux003-1.jpg