Need help with Wi-Fi !!!!!

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am going NUTS /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif!!!!

I have been trying to do this for 3! hours as of right now, with no luck.

Scoop:

I got a Wi-Fi laptop and Wi-Fi PDA (ipaq5555). How do I connect PDA to PC?

p.s. (So I can browse the web while I am in my "reading" room(what my better half calls the bathroom)).

6pOriginal

Enlightened
I think you will need a wireless router, the wireless adaptors alone can't "talk" to each other.

If you want them to talk to each other wirelessly, I think the only options are either IR or Bluetooth

iddibhai

Enlightened
they can indeed talk to each other, that is what an "ad-hoc" net work is (got one right now at home). i dont know how pocket pcs work, but i'd imagine you'd need to set up an SSID (network indentifier). on the laptop (which should have WinXP), start>progs>controlpanel>networkconnections

find the wifi connection, rightclick, properties, and "wireless networks" tab. add a network name, DONT USE DEFAULT names. then do the same on the ipaq. since both are running some sort of windows OS, i'd geuss the PPC steps are similar. if laptop is connected to the internet directly, then rightclick that and share it, so the PPC can use it too. not sure how things are done with a router.

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast
It worked!!! Thanks!!! I am on CPF on my toilet!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic
Now do wireless Activesync--it rocks.

First of all it helps (But isn't necessary) if your PC is using static IP instead of DHCP--so set that up if you know how. Now open the activesync settings and make sure it'll let you sync over eithernet. Now open activesync on the PocketPC. Go to options and on the first screen make sure your PC is selected ("Include PC when syncing remotely..." now click the schedule tab and make sure the bottom option is *NOT* checked (When syncing remotely...disconnect when complete"

Lastly click ok, and then connect. Should connect to your PC just like you dropped it in the cradle. Do a full backup. Be amazed at the speed.

binky

Flashlight Enthusiast
So... from 6:47pm to 11:26pm...

Let the CPF record show that FC held tight for at least 4hrs 39minutes just so he wouldn't be without CPF, even in the john. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif