New Cabellas came Sat.

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
Anybody else get the new catalog? Pretty much the same stuff but it's fun to browse. Same torches as last year but there are so many headlamps some are bound to be new. I could spend $50k in that catalog and use everything I bought. I like their stuff just wish my checkbook were one tenth as big as my eyes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif

Wish list, yall listening?

Kangaroo upland boots (oh, nearly forgot, 11E)
Zeiss night scope Gen. II
Zeiss binos.
Swarovski 12x scope
"Cook Shack"
A bunch of the knives
All types of pants, jackets, coveralls, socks and other
Game camera

Just a few of the items I need. Feel free to get me anything else you deem desirable.

In the goose decoy section you get a free 30-minute video of goose hunting with Darrell Wise if you buy twelve decoys. Darrell was my guide last year on my once in a lifetime goose hunt to Canada. thewiseman.com I could have used some of Cabellas gear. My boots are not made for cold weather. My camo. clothing is suited for 40-90 degrees not 20. Anyone feeling sorry for me yet?

It's a slow Sunday night so I am rambling even more than usual.

Tombeis

Enlightened
Every fall I prepare for winter with the Cabela's catalog.

Started my list, just like you Dave!

The Polartec Special Ops jacket and pants will look and feel comfy about December first.

Oh, and the U S Marines black watch cap. And... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
"Cook Shack"...Dave, is that the BBQ Pit for $400 or so? If so...it should be at the top of your list!! Well worth the money!! It is worth every penny I paid for it!!! Many folks would say, "Well I have a 'Little Chief Smoker' and that's a whole lot of money..."

NOT THE SAME ANIMAL AT ALL!! This is a genuine "Pit BBQ" and produces commercial quality smoke cooked/pit BBQ foods!! It's the quality of the product that you taste that proves to you that it was worth it! You'll not believe that you cooked food that good!

It's sooooo easy too! Typically just a few ounces of wood, set the thermostat and walk away...at the prescribed time...shut it off and harvest the bounty!! Seriously, I will "be your guide" if you get one (you may not need a guide? In that case, then you can give me pointers!).

Check out their "Cookshack Forums" for a world of information & recipes!!

Let me know if you get one - we'll "talk"!!

bigcozy

Enlightened
Dave, you like expensive optics! I have some Browning Kangaroo boots. Very light, feel like they aren't going to be very tough, but mine have been.