• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired New Custom Triad Tails from TorchLAB

Moddoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Everyone.

I am retiring my initial company name, Titanium Engineering, in favor of a new name, TorchLAB.

TorchLAB.com is still very basic. I will be adding visual and technical goodness to the site as time allows.

As you may know, Oveready is the main dealer for my stuff.

We have been working hard together to bring you some great new parts.

Today I'm introducing the Triad Tail.

This tail is part of the Moddoolar System. Other components in this system will be released in the coming weeks

triadblack.jpg

BUY BLACK TRIAD TAILS AT OVEREADY.COM

The Triad Tail:

• is the same length (with boot) as a Z41 tailcap (with boot)
  • will work with all Moddoolar bodies
  • works with Z41 ready bodies, including SureFire P, C, and Z series and Leef bodies
  • is ready to use and available with our complete line of Z41 upgrades, including McClicky, ZeroRez, AW soft start module B, and even Surefire's own twisty mechanism.

triadgray.jpg

BUY GRAY TRIAD TAILS AT OVEREADY.COM

All Moddoolar Triad Tails share the following features:

• anti-roll (for use with round bezels)
  • thumb size button access (from the side)
  • boot/switch protection
  • 3 leg (tripod) tail standing
  • Z41 thread compatibility
  • Z41 switch compatibility (including McClicky and ZeroRez)
  • Z41 boot compatibility (hardpress boots recommended for clicky)
  • barbell shape (grip enhancement)
  • rounded edges for added durability
  • tough 2 mil HA coating (black or natural)
  • anti reflective (semi gloss) finish

triadvsz41.jpg

triadgreenboot.jpg

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE FOR YOUR SUPPORT

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess this is more of a question for Dan@Oveready.

I'm trying to add the black triad tailcap but it keeps forcing me to choose the option with a clip, which I don't want and I can't change the option otherwise. Is this because the only thing in stock is a clipped version?

Zot

Enlightened
Are there any plans to make ones with trit slots?

Moddoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess this is more of a question for Dan@Oveready.

I'm trying to add the black triad tailcap but it keeps forcing me to choose the option with a clip, which I don't want and I can't change the option otherwise. Is this because the only thing in stock is a clipped version?

This is because we are out of stock on the Black with no clip holes.
I have more freshly machined parts here ready to get finished next week.
Expect them to be in stock soon after that.

Are there any plans to make ones with trit slots?

We did a small batch of trit slotted Triads.
There is 1 left in black with clip holes at the moment.
If interest is high, I'll get some more done in the next couple months.

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is because we are out of stock on the Black with no clip holes.
I have more freshly machined parts here ready to get finished next week.
Expect them to be in stock soon after that.

Awesome!

Also, when do you think we'll get a glimpse your moddoolar heads? I'm really curious to see what those are going to look like.

nbp

Flashaholic
Hi Tom,

What is the outer diameter difference between a Triad and a regular Z41? Is it much larger? Do you have a pic of them laying side by side? Also, just want to confirm that they function as a twisty like the Z41 straight out of the box, correct?
Looking to Frankenlight something together and just want to be clear before I order any parts.

Thank you sir. :thumbsup:

Nick

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
What is the outer diameter difference between a Triad and a regular Z41? Is it much larger?

Z41's are about 26mm. Triads are about 31mm across the crown.

Do you have a pic of them laying side by side?

Sure

Also, just want to confirm that they function as a twisty like the Z41 straight out of the box, correct?

If ordered with a SF Twisty switch, they function exactly like a Z41 that can tail stand.

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
No thread about the Moodoolar Pocket yet, or didn't I find it?

Just one word about them : WOW!!!

Greets,

Thierry

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
Z41's are about 26mm. Triads are about 31mm across the crown.

Excellent, looks good.

Thank you. Do people that have these feel they are ok for pocket carry using a clip or are they sort of bulgy and weird in the pocket?

If ordered with a SF Twisty switch, they function exactly like a Z41 that can tail stand.

:ohgeez:

That's what happens when you don't read all the info. I see there is the option for which switch guts you want. Very cool. :)

Last edited:

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
That's what happens when you don't read all the info. I see there is the option for which switch guts you want. Very cool. :)

If there's a way to put in more options for something, we'll find it! :thumbsup:

jcalvert

Enlightened
For those of you interested in the Triad tailcap w/ McClicky, I put one on each of my Malkoff Wildcat and the HoundDog XM-L and the least I can say is....SWEEET!!!. The clicky not only has a perfect tactile feedback, the tailcap design add a tremendous amount of character to these lights. And the folks like Dan at Oveready are always eveready (wink) to be of the greatest service.

All the best guys,
John

warmurf

Enlightened
Hi,

I bought one of these off you recently with a zero resistance switch. The original clicky was also supplied which I thought was a nice touch thank you. I'd like to now change the switches around and have the McClicky in there. What is involved in changing them over? BTW the one I got was with the clip- fantastic look and solid as a rock.

Darvis

Enlightened
Warmurf, Dan has the instructions on oveready... if your ZR has the rivet in plastic, then you probably have no choice but to use a punch to get the rivet out and that works great, but it will put a hole in the rubber boot.

I had the same issue and wanted a way to interchange without using the rivets and was able to tap (thread) the plastic and use a little hex screw (found a kit at a local hobby shop) so that I can remove the Zero res as needed. That, or you can hunt down one of the earlier generation surefire twisty's that has a metal disc and hex screw.

I also have a question and am looking for a solution... when using the zero res switch, a Malkoff drop in and an lmr 18650, I notice the lmr is so short in this combo that the zero res will not work.. I guess a short spacer is the solution (gotta figure out how to make a short one), but anyone got anything else that works? A McClicky will, but I really like the no-chance of failure simplicity of the zero res for my EDC lights and really want to get this combo to work.

Last edited:

upsidedownviking

Newly Enlightened
I also have a question and am looking for a solution... when using the zero res switch, a Malkoff drop in and an lmr 18650, I notice the lmr is so short in this combo that the zero res will not work.. I guess a short spacer is the solution (gotta figure out how to make a short one), but anyone got anything else that works? A McClicky will, but I really like the no-chance of failure simplicity of the zero res for my EDC lights and really want to get this combo to work.

I've used a small button head screw in the past, with the threaded part of the screw on the hole of the zero rez and the head of the screw as the spacer, screw shaft or threaded part should be short enough that the bottom of the head rests against the end of zero rez, if the spacer isn't locked in like that it needs a coating to not turn on the light if it shifts and contacts the inside of the tube. I only needed 5-6mm of space taken up.

Darvis

Enlightened
I've used a small button head screw in the past, with the threaded part of the screw on the hole of the zero rez and the head of the screw as the spacer, screw shaft or threaded part should be short enough that the bottom of the head rests against the end of zero rez, if the spacer isn't locked in like that it needs a coating to not turn on the light if it shifts and contacts the inside of the tube. I only needed 5-6mm of space taken up.

Ahhh, nice... This sounds perfect actually, and very simple. I might even tap the brass and screw it in. Great idea UDV, Appreciate that!!!

purelite

Enlightened
EG

when ya gonna get more gray nonclip tailcaps back in? I dont need the clip