Modding / Building Questions

Z

z_Duncan MacJames

A while back maybe two years now I burnt out the bulb in my 6P. Being a cheap SOB I searched ebay for new bulb and found a CREE drop in with better specs than the standard 6P bulb alot cheaper than a new bulb from Surefire. I bought it and liked it so much I purchased others as spares for other lights. I have not needed them and since gotten rid of the other lights so they have been sitting in the around the house as spares for my 6P.

I was on you tube and saw a review of the Solarforce L2 hosts (these are the ones that can swap between the CR123A batteries and 18650. I saw this and thought cool I can use those extra drop ins instead of them just sitting doing nothing. Well these drop ins work great in the 6P but not the two Solarforces. Also part of the reason I purchased these was the parts are supposed to be interchangable with Surefire products. Well they are'nt unless I am missing something.

Enough with the longwinded background can anyone tell me what is wrong are these tubes duds? Do I need something in them when using CR123As? I was planing on purchasing some 18650s and charger but don't want to spend good money after bad so I would appreciate any suggestions.