Dreams....

Gaffle

Enlightened
For some reason the dreams I have most often are related to zombies. I don't know why. I have always loved the apocalyptical zombie situation, and I guess my subconscious does also.

My dream last night is as follows.

The zombie apocalypse has occurred, and my wife and I are driving around looking for a safe place (my kids were not in this dream, whew). We decide to go into this regular house. Now the first thing I want to do is look for supplies. House is clear of zombies, so I am just rummaging around. One thing I do not have on me is my flashlight, so I wonder if the person that lived in this house has any. Well, to my enjoyment, I find a printed list of all of the lights this guy has purchased lately. It reads kind of like how some sig lines do. I don't remember all of the lights, but Fenix lights were purchased a few times. I get excited because I wonder if this person left some of his lights around. Boo-Ya, I find a Fenix, brand new and in the box. I also find another Fenix, but this light is weird, like a small AA or 123 with a crenelated bezel and aspherical lens (?). I rejoice because I have the light situation fixed.

Well, its time for more searching. I grab a book that is on this shelf, and it is a secret switch that opens into a huge room. Apparently this guy made custom cars, like die-cast cars but 3 feet long. He had a lot of car bodies hanging on the wall, crazy custom paint jobs. I go further into the room and what do I find? Oh, just a few racks (like long racks) of AR-15s and tons of pre-loaded magazines. I find a bunch of weird pistols too. Unfortunately every pistol was typical dream material. Too weird to be real guns. I tell my wife about the guns, and I try to hunt down a sack or duffle bag to carry as many as I can. I also notice that some of the bullets are different. Like some rounds were just a tad smaller that others.

At some point I go downstairs, and some women comes into the house. I get freaked because I think, What would happen if I walked into strangers in my house? I start apologizing about being there, we were just looking for supplies, blah blah. She says its ok, this is her house, but she was renting it out. Apparently the tenant is my hero. I ask her if she knew about the secret room, and she did.

Now I go back upstairs to the secret room. The hallway is very different and dark. My father-in-law is now with me. We pass a body that looks black, like it has been rotting for awhile, or it has been burned. Either my FIL has a flashlight or I do, but one of us shines it on the body. Wouldn't you know it, its a dormant zombie and the eyes flicker open. Oh great, no pistol or rifle. It starts to get up from the seat and my father in law stabs it in the head, with what looks like a larger version of one of the jack-o-lantern carving knives. When my FIL stabs the zombie, it is in the right side of the head. Now this opens one of my zombie curiosities, how bad does the brain have to be destroyed to kill a zombie? Like total head blow out, or something sissy? In my dream, stabbing the right side of the brain didn't kill the zombie. Oh goody. Now somehow this zombie is kind of aware of its situation. The zombie through some sounds/words wants me to stab it in the left side of the brain to put it out of its misery. I take the jack-o knife and stab it in the left side. Punch through skull, and then I give a huge twist of the blade. Adios zombie.

Now I take my FIL in the secret room to show him the guns. He is impressed with all of that arsenal, and that is about how my dream ends.

Throughout this dream I just want to get the rifles. This was one of those moments when I keep wanting to do something and it never works out. I never actually take the rifles from the room. I find a bag to carry them, but it was a small duffle bag.

The dream is already kind of hazy. I remember being outside a few times. I don't remember seeing anymore zombies. This was very weird. When my alarm woke me up at 7am, I was in full on zombieland.

I don't know why I have had so many zombie dreams, but I have to admit, I love having them.