Overview of the HDS edc tactical 170 lumens flashlight

Z

z_Theknifereviewer

First Thoughts

My first thought on the HDS clicky is that it is built like a tank and they are made to last .It says it outputs 170 lumens but HDS underrates there lights .I have compared this light with other lights some of them being 200+ lumens and this light is just as bright if not brighter.

Features

4 preset brightness settings: tactical strobe, maximum output, 12 and 0.3 lumens. The brightness settings and the turn-on setting may be customized for special missions.

1.25 hour typical runtime on High setting from single CR123 battery, greater than 2 hours to drop below 50% output. Higher output models are more efficient.

Elegant single button interface includes momentary button operation.

Sealed gold-plated switch for maximum reliability.

Constant brightness through constant power regulation.

Graceful low battery warning.

Designed for both regular lithium batteries and rechargeable Li-ion batteries. Protects rechargeable batteries from over-discharge.

Full thermal management.

Potted electronics for the ultimate in reliability under extreme conditions.

Anti-damage battery compartment protects battery under extreme conditions.

Nearly unbreakable ultra clear glass lens with anti-reflective coatings.

Aerospace aluminum protected with black military Type 3 hard anodize. Stainless steel crenelated bezel blackened with AlTiN.

Raised button for easy operation even with gloves.

Customizations include turn-on setting, momentary operation, automatic shut-off, button lock, locator flash. Output settings can include burst output, tactical strobe, emergency strobe signaling and emergency SOS signaling or any brightness level.

Reverse battery polarity protection without diode power penalty.

Pocket clip, bezel down carry, black.

Water resistance: 2 atmospheres (20m or 66 feet of water) - static.

Dimensions: Ø 25.4mm x 98mm (Ø 1 x 3.85).

Weight: 100g (3.5oz) including battery.

The HDS edc tactical runs off of one CR123A battery the HDS clicky is one of the best lights you can buy .It has Four different modes High which is the mode when you turn it on and no mater how hard you push the clicky if you hold it in it is just a momentary on but if you click it is stays on which I think is a great feature if you click on the light the light then hold in the clicky you will have a momentary strobe if you click it turn on the light then click it once then click and hold you will have a steady strobe if you turn it on and click it twice you will have a medium output and if you click it three times you will have a low output .This is a great edc light it might be a little bigger than other edc lights but this is the only edc light that is built like a tank and will always work when you need it this is a very tough light that will last a life time .I can't say enough good things about this light if you want a great light that is built to last this is the light for you . you can check out there website here http://hdssystems.com/?id=Home

This is my first review hopefully you guys are not as brutal as the people on youtube .

/Users/Brandon/Desktop/mail-3.jpeg

/Users/Brandon/Desktop/mail-2.jpeg

/Users/Brandon/Desktop/mail-1.jpeg

/Users/Brandon/Desktop/mail.jpeg