Good hunting light (AA or AAA)

vivid

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

I want to get my brother in law a new flashlight for hunting and was hoping you guys might be able to make some recommendations. Currently he has a Streamlight Scorpion. Two things he does not like 1) the price of the batteries ($10 for two) 2) run time of 1hr (again mainly due to price of batteries)

Here is some criteria.

Price - no more than $70.00

Batteries - any amount of AA or AAA Run time - 60-120 (with AA or AAA an extra set could be brought if longer run time is needed)

Tint - neutral (will be following a blood trail so true colors is a plus)

Beam - Throw is important but reasonable spill would also be nice, an adjustable beam could be nice but not critical if the beam vs spill is good.

Modes - Number of modes is of little importance, if it does have multiple modes a simple UI would be nice.

Water resistance - the light will not be held underwater but could be briefly dropped in a stream or used during rain.

I don't think the light would be attached to a gun or bow (he only hunts during the day) so the light only needs to hand-held.

Sorry I could not be more specific with the criteria but I am not a hunter and don't want to ruin the surprise by asking my brother in law. thanks in advance.